Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America

Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good news, are you driving your lemon or a loaner or ??? in the meantime?
Old 11-14-2017, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itiongo
Couldn't Audi of America find a Q7 that was on the lot at some dealer with your options?
We almost went with an inventory Q7 with beige interior, but we wanted the Nougat. We wanted another prestige, and White on Brown prestige's are pretty scarce on the north east coast. Decided to order, and don't really care about the wait since we have something to drive.

Originally Posted by Trevor K
Glad to hear they're doing the right thing you're getting a new car!

Seems like some people think it's not because Audi cares about customers, but because they're trying to avoid a lemon lawsuit. I happen to believe it's a little bit of both. Audi of America oversees SO many vehicles, that they have pre-established limits that have to be met before just replacing someone's car. I think they believe they care about customers and their limits are probably pretty high.
I am with you. I believe they care about their customers too, and I'm sure they also want to avoid a lemon lawsuit as well.

Originally Posted by Brimstone
Good news, are you driving your lemon or a loaner or ??? in the meantime?
We are driving our Lemon Q7 in the meantime.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy to hear that Audi came through for you in the end.

CarSwami
Old 11-15-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSwami
I'm very happy to hear that Audi came through for you in the end.

CarSwami
I'm happy for the OP, but Audi did what they did to prevent the vehicle being titled a LEMON, as Audi most likely would have lost in a lemon law hearing.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
I'm happy for the OP, but Audi did what they did to prevent the vehicle being titled a LEMON, as Audi most likely would have lost in a lemon law hearing.
Due to my non-existent knowledge of lemon laws, I have three questions.

1. Would the lemon law result in an actual title change to "lemon" similar to a salvaged vehicle?

2. By Audi avoiding the lemon lawsuit and the vehicle not being titled a lemon, will they be able to sell the vehicle to another person without disclosing the past issues? (IF they are able to fix it of course.)

3. Are the issues documented in a carfax or anything?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

1. I don't know for sure.
2. Yes, Audi will have the car re-sold without disclosing the past issues.
3. Any service done at any carfax certified service department is not required by law to report any service done to any vehicle to carfax. Most of the time, the service records will be documented and can be dug up by any dealership. This is how the dealerships can low ball your trade-in.

My current Q7 has number 2 and 3.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor K
Due to my non-existent knowledge of lemon laws, I have three questions.

1. Would the lemon law result in an actual title change to "lemon" similar to a salvaged vehicle?

2. By Audi avoiding the lemon lawsuit and the vehicle not being titled a lemon, will they be able to sell the vehicle to another person without disclosing the past issues? (IF they are able to fix it of course.)

3. Are the issues documented in a carfax or anything?
By avoiding a lemon / branded title, it allows a manufacturer to fix, check and sell as a certified pre owned. Happens all the time! And like the previous poster said, the Carfax can be absolutely clean with such cars.
Lemon laws have strict requirements and most of those cars end up in auctions or have to be listed as manufacturer buybacks. These cars have a lower value
So ALL manufacturers keep counters of how long their cars have been at the shop, and if the consumer's case is strong enough, they will offer a buy back in most cases.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nokfromapp
By avoiding a lemon / branded title, it allows a manufacturer to fix, check and sell as a certified pre owned. Happens all the time! And like the previous poster said, the Carfax can be absolutely clean with such cars.
Lemon laws have strict requirements and most of those cars end up in auctions or have to be listed as manufacturer buybacks. These cars have a lower value
So ALL manufacturers keep counters of how long their cars have been at the shop, and if the consumer's case is strong enough, they will offer a buy back in most cases.
Right, they do this primarily for selfish reasons...those who think they do it to show loyalty to customers are naïve.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

You can say what you want but at the end of the day they made it right! If you step over to the Sweedspeed XC90 forum, you can see 3 people just on the first page trying to get a replacement vehicle from Volvo and to no avail. Its probably a combination of both however Audi does seem to handle these situations better than other brands imo.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
You can say what you want but at the end of the day they made it right! If you step over to the Sweedspeed XC90 forum, you can see 3 people just on the first page trying to get a replacement vehicle from Volvo and to no avail. Its probably a combination of both however Audi does seem to handle these situations better than other brands imo.
Most manufacturers will opt for replacement when they know they will lose in LL, and don't want their vehicle titled as LEMONS, there are some exceptions, but that's not the norm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America