Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

UPDATE:
The car has been built and is on its way to the port in Germany to be exported to the U.S.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:26 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations! I am going through the same thing with my 2017 A4 Allroad, ongoing issues unresolved. Working with the reigonal manager to move up into a new vehicle.

Ironically enough I just went through the same thing with my 2016 XC90, I worked with them and Im in a 2018 XC90 Fully loaded now.

Heres to hoping no more issues!
Old 12-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Congrats!

Congrats on the easy replacement.. while it is not fun to have a bad car, it is good to know that Audi fixed it right.
I am not that cynical to believe that Audi is all out for themselves... like any big public corporation, they do have a reputation to hold... if there is lots of bad press, it will hurt. BUT if there are good stories about how they did right for the consumer, even when something goes wrong, they can come out on top because they did the right thing. While we would WANT all cars to be perfect, there will be a few that slip through. Especially with as complex as the Q7 is.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In the end, companies do what's best for them, even when you think it's for you.

Last edited by RJC 1; 12-29-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2018 Q7,

and there are are tons of problems

1. Car suddenly pulls to right with steering wheel centering 10 degrees to the right, not centering in the center, happens intermittently, extremely dangerous

2. Lots of vibrations and noise when going uphill,

3. Transmission jerks, rough shifts,

4. Pop noise from transmission

bougt my car Brand New from Audi Downtown Vancouver in Canada,

how Can I get a replacement, who do I contact,

I read Canada has CAMVAP, besides that there is not lemon law
Old 12-31-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by soguy12
I have a 2018 Q7,

Have you started at your dealership and described the issues to them?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2018 Q7,

1. Car suddenly pulls to right with steering wheel centering 10 degrees to the right, not centering in the center, happens intermittently, extremely dangerous

Sorry to hear you're having this many issues and on an brand new '18. Hoping Audi and your dealer get this resolved and in a timely manner.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2018 Q7,

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Have you started at your dealership and described the issues to them?
I agree with the previous comment. The place to start is at your dealership. They will not replace your car without first trying to fix all the problems that you are experiencing. You should first go and talk to them. Let us know how things turn out for you. I hope you get your problems resolved.

CarSwami
Old 01-01-2018, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by timshuwy
Congrats on the easy replacement.. while it is not fun to have a bad car, it is good to know that Audi fixed it right.
I am not that cynical to believe that Audi is all out for themselves... like any big public corporation, they do have a reputation to hold... if there is lots of bad press, it will hurt. BUT if there are good stories about how they did right for the consumer, even when something goes wrong, they can come out on top because they did the right thing. While we would WANT all cars to be perfect, there will be a few that slip through. Especially with as complex as the Q7 is.
I am with you. I am a strong believer that Audi isn't 100% looking out for themselves, and truly want to give their consumers a positive experience. My experience with Audi of north america has been fantastic, and will definitely recommend audi from now on even though my car is a lemon

Originally Posted by RJC 1
In the end, companies do what's best for them, even when you think it's for you.
Sorry Debbie Downer but I don't think that's 100% the case. You've stated that multiple times on that thread. Sorry if you haven't had a pleasant experience with Audi of North America, but others along with myself HAVE had a good experience with them. Maybe they are doing this to cover their asses, but in the end have been extremely easy to work with and are leaving us feeling good, and hell, I'm getting a brand new car out of this!

I have a 2018 Q7,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Q! First thing to do is contact your dealership. I didn't contact mine because I was having a terrible experience with them as well. I contacted audi of north america customer services first, maybe try doing that for canada after going to your dealer?
Old 01-29-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

The excitement is real!
Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8035-2.jpegOur 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8036-1.jpegOur 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8039-2.jpegOur 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8040-2.jpegOur 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8041-2.jpegOur 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America -img_8042-3.jpeg

Quick Reply: Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America