Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Our 2017 Q7 - A Lemon - Replaced by Audi of North America

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 03:20 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Kaufman
I am right now at the stage where they have extended the offer to replace the vehicle. My question is did they offer you the option of going to the dealer and picking out the same or similar car? With us she just wrote that had to order the car for us with no other alternatives. I will not drive this car if at all possible which means for up to 5 months we are down to one car. The car and model are readily available locally and do not understand why the special order. I would be willing to pay if there is an option on the car that is not on mine. If they do order it do they deliver it to the same dealer for delivery to you. My final question is what did they do regarding all the warranties you may have purchased such as the extended warranty, Audi care and in my case rim and tire warranty as well as paint protection film. I look forward to your response and wish you all the best.
Audi in my case (I'm still in the process) found a car on way to port in Seattle. It was exactly what I wanted and about 5K more then my current allroad. Audi was willing to cover the cost and is in the process of transporting it to my dealership.

Great customer service ?
Old 03-23-2018, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Richard Kaufman
I am right now at the stage where they have extended the offer to replace the vehicle. My question is did they offer you the option of going to the dealer and picking out the same or similar car? With us she just wrote that had to order the car for us with no other alternatives. I will not drive this car if at all possible which means for up to 5 months we are down to one car. The car and model are readily available locally and do not understand why the special order. I would be willing to pay if there is an option on the car that is not on mine. If they do order it do they deliver it to the same dealer for delivery to you. My final question is what did they do regarding all the warranties you may have purchased such as the extended warranty, Audi care and in my case rim and tire warranty as well as paint protection film. I look forward to your response and wish you all the best.
They gave us the option to either go pick out a car, or order one. Maybe your case is different than ours, but this is what they offered us. They also said we could take delivery at any dealer we would like. We had the tire and wheel warranty and they said they would transfer it to the new car.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Audi Q7 Concerning Engine Sound + Acceleration

Hi 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige (8K miles) model my car making similar rattling noise. dealer changed exhaust pipe but still coming same noise and they are unable find whats the issue.Can you please provide more details how did you apparoch Audi of North America and resolved your issue?

Originally Posted by Mjship2001
This thread is an updated continuation of: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...happy-2935609/

Hello all!
As stated in the copied thread above, I have not had the best experience with my 2017 Q7. On October 27th, I contacted someone at Audi of North America, explaining my situation and requesting a replacement vehicle. Today, November 13th, Audi Corporate placed an order for a replacement vehicle, specced by me to replace our 2017 Q7.

Here is a list of dates and events in order leading up to today:
  • October 27th - Made initial request to replace vehicle
  • October 30th - Received Contact From Region Case Expert
  • November 8th - Received Replacement Offer
  • November 13th - Replacement Vehicle ORDERED
We have ordered the following:
  • Q7 3.0T quattro Tiptronic
  • 2Y2Y - Glacier White metallic
  • VB - Nougat Brown
  • 1D6 - Towing package
  • 1S1 - Vehicle jack
  • 6NQ - Black cloth headliner
  • 6W9 - DELETE Front License Plate Holder
  • 949 - Cold weather package
  • ACG - Audi connect Guide
  • LMC - USB Cables
  • PCU - Driver Assistance package
  • QWL - Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit
  • SPC - Seven Pin Connector for Towing Hitch
  • WPT - Prestige package
The car should be here in 3-5 months. I will keep this thread updated with every stage of the build process. Truthfully, I am completely shocked that Audi of North America is making this right and replacing our vehicle. They gotta do what they gotta do to keep their customers happy. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them with my best ability, and thank you to those who said to contact Audi directly. This process has been extremely easy, and rewarding at the end.

Best,
Matt Shipley