Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Park assist and trailer assist?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park assist and trailer assist?

I've been looking at videos about the new Q7, and I saw the park assist option where it will parallel or regular park for you, and also another option, trailer asssist, where it helps you reverse a trailer. But I don't see anything about that on the official Audi website for the US. Is this a Europe only option, or did they just end up removing it?

Park assist video:

Trailer assist video:

Thanks
Old 02-28-2016, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Both didn't make it past NHTSA
Old 02-28-2016, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Too bad. Does that mean most likely in this generation Q7 at least that it will not be added?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

The park assist has a button. There is no button in that spot on the current Q7. I think they could do it with a software update and add to the MMI, but doubt they will.

Frankly, the park assist is interesting but not near as good as some others that actually will apply the brake and gas as well as shift as needed.

Towing is impossible to add. There is a tow hook that actually folds under the vehicle. I don't know if software could work with normal tow package.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just as a WAG - I would be surprised if all the capabilities aren't already present in the car (electric steering, sensors / cameras all around, etc.) - just not activated in the "brain".
Be interesting to see what develops when the brave souls with VAG COM start tinkering with their cars.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by baltfan View Post
Both didn't make it past NHTSA
Since a number of other vehicles in the US already have park assist (hand's off parking), I wonder what is different about Audi's implementation that it won't pass NHTSA regs?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are there any updates on park assist? Will the 2018 Q7 have it...
Old 07-12-2016, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Trailer Assist is available in the UK, its on mine as it comes part of the factory order trailer pack.

Gutted you can't get it in US.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have to say I'm a little envious of the UK's/Europe option. From what has been reported the options have not cleared the NTSB here in the states. I was trying to find any scuttle on the possibility of the 2018 having the options.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post
Just as a WAG - I would be surprised if all the capabilities aren't already present in the car (electric steering, sensors / cameras all around, etc.) - just not activated in the "brain".
Be interesting to see what develops when the brave souls with VAG COM start tinkering with their cars.
I purchased one of the button setups from a German Q7 with self parking, do you think it is just a matter of activating it in vag com, or are there sensors they're not included in the US model, I do plan on trying to activate it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Park assist and trailer assist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: