Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Are people paying MSRP for the new Q7's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:08 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpatel1080
If you can wait...wait 6 months I bet you every dealer will take the ACNA deal then. I really don't think these are moving as fast as Audi hoped. Dealers near me have tons in stock whereas Volvo dealers (I am cross shopping the XC90) have almost no stock.
Not sure where you are located, but here, they are selling within 1-2 days of arrival at dealer
Old 01-19-2016, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

My dealer told me that about 90% of all of the allocations have been accounted for. True or not, who knows.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
My dealer told me that about 90% of all of the allocations have been accounted for. True or not, who knows.
They way I'm seeing them go off my dealer's lot - I'd say that's pretty accurate.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have attempted to buy a Q7 12 different times and 9 different dealerships...all were sold between the time the website posted them and the time the salesman got back to me. The only way I got the one that I did was that the dealership posted it as a Premium instead of a prestige. But it was $80,000 so I knew there was no way it was a Premium The dealership did not even know what it was so they were saying they had no Prestige's.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mbr
Not sure where you are located, but here, they are selling within 1-2 days of arrival at dealer
I went to a dealer in Parsippany, NJ this past Friday and there were 9 or 10 of them on the lot. I do not know how long they were there..only two prestige most of them were the lower trim levels. Regardless of how well they are currently selling, this is a volume car. Once supply catches up with the initial demand the dealers will accept the ACNA discount. Almost all volume cars are discounted a good amount midway through their first year.

Last edited by mpatel1080; 01-19-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:28 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mpatel1080
I went to a dealer in Parsippany, NJ this past Friday and there were 9 or 10 of them on the lot. I do not know how long they were there..only two prestige most of them were the lower trim levels. Regardless of how well they are currently selling, this is a volume car. Once supply catches up with the initial demand the dealers will accept the ACNA discount. Almost all volume cars are discounted a good amount midway through their first year.
I was told by two dealers that they would likely accept acna discount in about 6 months. If we wait that long, most of those savings will be lost on our X5 trade in as other 2017s will be out by then making the trade a model year older with more depreciation plus any repairs that come up as the X5 is now out of warranty. For us it is not worth waiting for the discount. For others it may be worth it.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's all about supply and demand and it's always this way in the auto biz. Right now in some places new Q7s are being gobbled up as soon as they arrive while in other places, not so much. If a dealer can sell every one they get at full ticket or more they will hold out for the price--most of them try to tell you that the model you want is selling like hotcakes and they don't need your offer even if the model isn't selling. It's a basic sales tactic.

If you absolutely must have a Q7 now, then you're likely going to pay more than you will 6 months from now. If the current stock market is an indicator, sales of expensive cars may be about to soften. When dealer's lots are full of unsold Q7s they will honor the 6% discount.

Audi dealers are putting a happy face on the VAG EPA fiasco but it too may soften sales. I was seriously interested in a new Q7 TDI but there aren't any of those. That has to also hurt sales.

My crystal ball says that Audi will not sell as many Q7s as hoped once the initial demand is met. Of course I also predicted that there was no market for tablets like iPads. 😄
Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think the air is out of the balloon for the ACNA discount now that Audi USA no longer rebates the 2% back to the dealer. So a dealer that honors the discount is basically selling the car for a 1% profit on the front end. Not sure how many dealers will agree to that.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wasn't really serious when talking to my dealer (customer 15year, 10 cars bought) but he wouldn't take-off the mark-up! (Which I always refuse to pay). I think there is a small allotment coming to dealer, so they are being stingy.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I used makemydeal.com and offered 4% off of msrp on a prestige with driver assistance package and my offer was accepted. Even though all dealers in the Atlanta area were very firm about not negotiating...

Quick Reply: Are people paying MSRP for the new Q7's?