Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

picking up the Q7 tomorrow....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing photos of your new Q7. Looks great. One would wish that NY license plates would have a much nicer color scheme other than mustard.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrari27
Picked ours up yesterday. Prestige w/ all options but the B & W.

The Bose is awesome. Have the B & W in my S8. The new Bose 3D sounds just as good to my non-Audi....ophile ears.

Now if I could just program the Home Link +^#!!!@!
Wow, I totally disagree. I think the Boss is laughable, and that is the one thing I am disappointed in with my car.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing and congratulation! The combination of leather color, exterior color, and wood trim makes it one of a kind!

There is some truth of people saying they are living through other members vicariously until they pick up theirs....

Mine won't even make it to production until week 23, then I wait some more for it to be shipped... Can't wait to post mine and share the joy...
Old 03-28-2016, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Wow, I totally disagree. I think the Boss is laughable, and that is the one thing I am disappointed in with my car.
Hmm.. perhaps there's something wrong with the Bose 3D system in your car? Do you have the base or the optional 3D Bose (std on prestige)? I'm an audiophile at least when it comes to home audio gear, and I typically go for the upgraded audio in almost any car I buy. I have the B&O in the RS7, which sounds fantastic, though the treble can be a tad resonant and shrill with less than perfect sources, and so I had every intention on ordering the Q7 with the B&O as well. That is until I test drove two Q7s back to back just to compare the 3D Bose in one and the 3D B&O in the other. Yes the 3D B&O is superior in almost every way, but the 3D Bose is not exactly "laughable" as you described. The base system that comes standard on Premium and Premium+ Q7's is laughable. The 3D Bose is well balanced and sounded surprisingly good! Yes you'll need to tweak some treble, bass, and subwoofer settings based on the music genres you typically listen to, but overall the imaging and sound is stellar. The only glaring shortcomings the Bose has is a little bit of muddiness in the bass regions and there are some minor response drops near the upper reaches of the treble. Jazz and Classical sounds better on the B&O but somehow certain hip hop and pop tunes come out cleaner sounding on the 3D Bose. I was so surprised at how good the 3D Bose sounded that I was motivated enough to save $5k and remove the B&O from my order. In my opinion, the 3D B&O is only marginally better than the 3D Bose in the new Q7. This was not the case when I compared the B&O to the Bose in the A7 platform before I ordered my RS7; in that car the B&O was clearly worth the $5k+ upcharge. In the new Q7, the 3D Bose is all the audio excellence most people will ever need unless they really have money to burn or really get a boner from watching the B&O acoustic tweeters rise up magically from their resting positions
Old 03-28-2016, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
Hmm.. perhaps there's something wrong with the Bose 3D system in your car? Do you have the base or the optional 3D Bose (std on prestige)? I'm an audiophile at least when it comes to home audio gear, and I typically go for the upgraded audio in almost any car I buy. I have the B&O in the RS7, which sounds fantastic, though the treble can be a tad resonant and shrill with less than perfect sources, and so I had every intention on ordering the Q7 with the B&O as well. That is until I test drove two Q7s back to back just to compare the 3D Bose in one and the 3D B&O in the other. Yes the 3D B&O is superior in almost every way, but the 3D Bose is not exactly "laughable" as you described. The base system that comes standard on Premium and Premium+ Q7's is laughable. The 3D Bose is well balanced and sounded surprisingly good! Yes you'll need to tweak some treble, bass, and subwoofer settings based on the music genres you typically listen to, but overall the imaging and sound is stellar. The only glaring shortcomings the Bose has is a little bit of muddiness in the bass regions and there are some minor response drops near the upper reaches of the treble. Jazz and Classical sounds better on the B&O but somehow certain hip hop and pop tunes come out cleaner sounding on the 3D Bose. I was so surprised at how good the 3D Bose sounded that I was motivated enough to save $5k and remove the B&O from my order. In my opinion, the 3D B&O is only marginally better than the 3D Bose in the new Q7. This was not the case when I compared the B&O to the Bose in the A7 platform before I ordered my RS7; in that car the B&O was clearly worth the $5k+ upcharge. In the new Q7, the 3D Bose is all the audio excellence most people will ever need unless they really have money to burn or really get a boner from watching the B&O acoustic tweeters rise up magically from their resting positions
Thank you for the inciteful review. I have historically been less than impressed with Bose and because of that I omitted the upgrade on my order. You have now caused me to make a change.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Make sure that your 3D settings control is not spun to the MAX position. I got into a loaner awhile back when they were resolving my Audi Connect issues and the Bose 3d sounded awful compared to mine. I went into the sound settings only to discover the fader almost all the way to the rear and the 3d settings virtual **** cranked to the max. It sounded gross. Once I got everything dialed in it sounded just like mine.

Also: Every input source has different sound settings. In other words your bass and treble settings are different when listening to radio/XM, SD Card, CD, USB, Bluetooth, etc. So make sure you take the time to dial in all the adjustments for EVERY source of music you are using in your Q7. The MMI will retain these settings for each source.

I too was never a B(L)ose fan, especially in cars. Some of their attempts at audio in Nissans (350z) were horrendous. But I gotta say I am thrilled with the system in my Prestige.

Last edited by pcaddict66; 03-29-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
So make sure you take the time to dial in all the adjustments for EVERY source of music you are using in your Q7. The MMI will retain these settings for each source.
that's great. nice to know they can be adjusted by source and automatically stored. I ought to test that with my MB E400 - the music via bluetooth off of the Spotify app on my iPhone sounds terrible and volume is very low.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=termite;24792924]
Old 03-29-2016, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

What the heck they did to the forum scripts!? Quotes are eating content inside messages and no edit function!?
Anyway, my question was about the exterior color. Is it Carata Beige?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by alex904
What the heck they did to the forum scripts!? Quotes are eating content inside messages and no edit function!?
Anyway, my question was about the exterior color. Is it Carata Beige?
If you are referring to the OP's car and the pics posted on this thread, that color is graphite gray, not carat beige.

Quick Reply: picking up the Q7 tomorrow....