Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Plus-Invoice Deal - Extra Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
DAG and prep & inspection is a line item on every invoice I've ever seen.

Possibly in NJ, but not in all other states.

I just pulled the P&S agreements for our most recent two Audi purchases and there's nothing that resembles a charge for advertising. I'm not saying it's not lumped in elsewhere, but there's no line item for "advertising". I believe these MA P&S agreements are standardized and all dealers use the same form in this state.

Title prep: $5 (fixed)
Vehicle Admin fee: $290 (fixed)
Registration fees: $100 (variable)
etc.
etc.

No line for "preparation & inspection" either.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the prior comments referred to the dealer invoice, rather than the customer invoice.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Tito, thanks. I'm only referring to documents provided to the end consumer.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Tito, thanks. I'm only referring to documents provided to the end consumer.
Yep, they are only on the dealer invoice. It's not something a customer would normally see.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

This why I make sure the salesperson reveals up front any and all charges the dealer will add to the price of the car. Then I negotiate from there before I place a deposit on a completed sales order. This eliminates surprises at delivery.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

SYM, thanks, I didn't think the mfr's invoice was presented to the end consumer. I was just referencing client-facing paperwork.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This why I make sure the salesperson reveals up front any and all charges the dealer will add to the price of the car. Then I negotiate from there before I place a deposit on a completed sales order. This eliminates surprises at delivery.
I thought i had done exactly this (everything was in writing, however it was in the context of what the dealer invoice price would be), but the surprise came from what was on the actual invoice. The specific dealer invoice for this vehicle was not available until well after the order is placed.

SYMAWD is a big help on this board and I don't think he would steer me/us wrong here. If he says it's part of the standard invoice, then I'll take him at his word and chalk this up as a learning experience that financially did not work in my favor.

For anyone else reading this thread, I would recommend negotiating in the context of a discount from MSRP and absolutely get a detailed breakdown of every fee in writing.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am in the same siutuation. I negotiated a price above invoice. I now realize the paperwork states specifically dealer invoice. They have not shown it to me yet, car should be here in 2-3 weeks. What is the difference between dealer invoice and customer invoice? They are supposed to show me dealer invoice.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it's fine to negotiate off of either baseline, so long as you know what that baseline is in dollar terms. If the dealer is agreeing to a number over invoice, they must know what said invoice price is, and I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't too before you agree to it.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by beefcake`
I thought i had done exactly this (everything was in writing, however it was in the context of what the dealer invoice price would be), but the surprise came from what was on the actual invoice. The specific dealer invoice for this vehicle was not available until well after the order is placed.

SYMAWD is a big help on this board and I don't think he would steer me/us wrong here. If he says it's part of the standard invoice, then I'll take him at his word and chalk this up as a learning experience that financially did not work in my favor.

For anyone else reading this thread, I would recommend negotiating in the context of a discount from MSRP and absolutely get a detailed breakdown of every fee in writing.
If you ask the dealer to print you their invoice they should if you agreed to pay the price on it.

Quick Reply: Plus-Invoice Deal - Extra Fees?