Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

PNW trails?

Old 11-19-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default PNW trails?

Anyone have any recommendations of some nice trails here in the PNW to take the Q for some adventures?
Old 11-19-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

There's a bunch down here around Mt. Hood/Mt. Adams... but...This time of year, just tell your family where/when you'll be back. 'coz every year some couple gets lost and one person doesn't make the trek walking out.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do some research on http://wta.org for hikes that have longer drives to the trailheads. There are some good windy ones and most of the time, the hike reports will give the condition of the road so you don't waste your time if the road is narly or washed out, etc.
There are some good forest roads off i-90 just before you get to the Snoqualmie summit as well
Old 11-19-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
Anyone have any recommendations of some nice trails here in the PNW to take the Q for some adventures?
My neighbor is part of a Jeep Rubicon thing here in the PNW and I can ask him about some trails. From what I gather, most are an hour or so away, but Monroe and eastbound certainly have some options. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for mud, rock, ??? Are you going to use your stock setup or planning on putting on beefier tires? I'm just not much of an SUV person, but have certainly taken trail bikes out here and there.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
My neighbor is part of a Jeep Rubicon thing here in the PNW and I can ask him about some trails. From what I gather, most are an hour or so away, but Monroe and eastbound certainly have some options. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for mud, rock, ??? Are you going to use your stock setup or planning on putting on beefier tires? I'm just not much of an SUV person, but have certainly taken trail bikes out here and there.
Nothing too crazy definitely within the capabilities of the vehicle. Looking for a fun drive that lead to Great scenery. I I've been down some off-road trails in a few national Forest looking for a Christmas tree last yearwhich was cool but not to scenic