Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Premium Plus vs. Prestige Options

Old 04-04-2016, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
I use ACC on the RS7 quite often during road trips. I've learned that at least in my case the "ACC unavailable" warning that has popped on me a few times was simply caused by winter salt/snow/ice/debris accumulating on the sensor lens element in front of the car. On each occasion I cleaned it off with baby wipes and I was back in business with ACC.
I concur. The only time I've gotten the "ACC Unavailable" message on my 2012 Q7 is when snow accumulates on the bumper or in extremely heavy rain. Otherwise it has worked flawlessly for 4.5 years.

I would totally miss the ACC if I didn't have it. Whenever I get a loaner, I find it annoying that it's missing. And my wife, who previously would NEVER use cruise control, uses it all the time on her commute now that she has the adaptive feature on her A5.

That said, if it's an option that you don't think you'd use, then certainly save the $$ and skip it on the order.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big fan of ACC, and I miss it when I am driving a car with standard CC. I, too, have gotten messages regarding ACC unavailable, usually when there has been a lot of road spray. I have had it shut off on its own from time to time, and I began to notice it happening when passing by the cab of an 18 wheeler; I am assuming some sort of emi/rfi. In those case I have been able to turn it back on shortly thereafter, but the road spray problem usually does not go away until the next time I stop and have a chance to clean the sensor. My favorite time using it was on a several hundred mile trip where I suddenly encountered heavy fog. Everyone else was slowing way down because you could only see 50 feet in front of you, but I was able to maintain posted limits by using ACC. It would decelerate when approaching a slow moving vehicle in my lane, and then I could change lanes and resume speed. I now insist on getting ACC for any car I buy.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed that Google search shows this page and Edmunds review pages when asked about "Premium+ vs Prestige". Problem is that somebody on Edmunds made a misleading post saying that Prestige includes "Cold weather" option when it does NOT. Hope my correction will help somebody.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Remote start or auto tilt down in reverse?

So we are considering a 2017 Q7 prestige and the options I cannot find listed are if this model is offered with remote start or if it includes the auto tilt down option for the side view mirrors when you shift into reverse? Both of our vehicles have these options now and we want them on the new vehicle as well.

I have been reading over a lot of posts in this forum already to educate myself about this new vehicle and really appreciate all of the helpful posts!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

No Audi has remote start even as an option. For now, aftermarket remote start is the only option, which means using a separate fob.

I don't have my Q7 yet but I assume it will also have the side mirror tilt-down on reverse feature since every single Audi I've owned has had it. I know that even some models that don't have it enabled can have it enabled via VCDS software using a OBD2 port plug-in interface.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

No Audi has remote start even as an option. For now, aftermarket remote start is the only option, which means using a separate fob.

I don't have my Q7 yet but I assume it will also have the side mirror tilt-down on reverse feature since every single Audi I've owned has had it. I know that even some models that don't have it enabled can have it enabled via VCDS software using a OBD2 port plug-in interface.
Thanks for the info.nthats disappointing on the remote start. Wonder why it's not offered considering it's becoming a standard or option on most vehicles built today? I use it all the time on my truck, esp in the colder or warmer months to heat up or cool down the interior before we get in.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Doing an after market mod for remote start also means you lose the factory warranty.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have the ability to remotely roll down or vent the windows with the key fob?
Old 04-13-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204
So we are considering a 2017 Q7 prestige and the options I cannot find listed are if this model is offered with remote start or if it includes the auto tilt down option for the side view mirrors when you shift into reverse? Both of our vehicles have these options now and we want them on the new vehicle as well.

I have been reading over a lot of posts in this forum already to educate myself about this new vehicle and really appreciate all of the helpful posts!
No remote start.

The passenger side mirror does tilt down when you shift into reverse. You can turn it on or off, and the angle is adjustable. The mirror will tilt back to its normal position after driving faster than 6mph. All other cars I have driven will tilt back right after shifting out of reverse.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204
Do you have the ability to remotely roll down or vent the windows with the key fob?
No remote ability.

Yes from the key fob, it's called Convenience opening/closing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Premium Plus vs. Prestige Options