AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Pricing? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/pricing-2935863/)

Zed 2.0 10-30-2017 12:19 PM

Pricing?

We are cross-shopping the XC90 and Q7. Audi dealer here is claiming the prestige trim cars are selling for sticker and are basically non-negotiable. Is that true or do I need a new dealer? XC90 can be had for $2500 under invoice right now with no negotiation.

SCarGuy 10-30-2017 12:25 PM

All depends on your region I suppose. What some people get in another part of the country ultimately has no bearing in your area. Do they have the exact spec you want even?

Price is important, but value is a completely separate thing.

BigKutta 10-30-2017 12:31 PM

It could be true based on where you are, but most are able to get at least 3-5% off. The XC90 on the other hand is selling for a lot less because....i dunno read the reviews

Zed 2.0 10-30-2017 12:41 PM

Thanks. From my perspective the two cars are tied. Volvo interior and ride quality (air suspension) is much better. Audi has the edge in engine and digital dash quality. Audi gives me a little less worry for long term reliability. But if the effective difference between the cars is >$10k right now it seems like an easy call.

BigKutta 10-30-2017 12:43 PM

That's a huge difference, and enough to pull the trigger on the Volvo I guess. However, make sure you read all the issues with the Volvo...I'm not close to it but hear that things aren't going well in the reliability department

SCarGuy 10-30-2017 12:44 PM

If the effective difference is $10k, and you see no perceivable differences, why make the post in the first place? Not being rude with that, but it seems like an odd question unless you absolutely WANT the Q7 to begin with. Right now, the Q7 is the benchmark SUV in it's class. That, combined with the relative rarity of Prestige models vs. other trims, and assuming you have not reached out to even another area dealer....maybe they just aren't taking you seriously? Did you work numbers with them?

Brimstone 10-30-2017 12:54 PM

Easiest solution is to email dealers you're willing to drive to see if what price you can get on either car and make a decision. (I got ~2% on my prestige, but plenty of folks get 4-5 and some 6-7. This was a custom order, but it can vary by region).

gassermd 10-30-2017 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0 (Post 25060138)
Thanks. From my perspective the two cars are tied. Volvo interior and ride quality (air suspension) is much better. Audi has the edge in engine and digital dash quality. Audi gives me a little less worry for long term reliability. But if the effective difference between the cars is >$10k right now it seems like an easy call.

Another option may be to use the costco auto program. There are not a ton of dealerships that participate for Audi, but most may match any offer. I got mine to even keep the discount on my custom order. Saves a little bit of the haggling, though I used it as my starting point =).

Zed 2.0 10-30-2017 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25060140)
If the effective difference is $10k, and you see no perceivable differences, why make the post in the first place? Not being rude with that, but it seems like an odd question unless you absolutely WANT the Q7 to begin with. Right now, the Q7 is the benchmark SUV in it's class. That, combined with the relative rarity of Prestige models vs. other trims, and assuming you have not reached out to even another area dealer....maybe they just aren't taking you seriously? Did you work numbers with them?

No need to get testy. I think my post is pretty clear in asking people whether the Q7 is actually trading at MSRP or if I went to a dealer that isn't interested in negotiating.

erwheezy 10-30-2017 01:37 PM

6% seems to be the sweet spot for the Q7's. during my wait for my order i really gave the xc90 a look since they were readily available. i did my research and from what i found as good as the vehicle was initially the quality and functionality was not up to par. i can't speak for the newer 2018's but the 16's and 17's were full of problems. i would check out swedespeed forum to see the issues yourself.