Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

production change in dash with luxury pkg.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default production change in dash with luxury pkg.

The original release pictures showed a full leather dash board and trim with the luxury package. The initial cars showing up in the US with luxury package have the standard dash with only more leather on the door bottoms. What happened? I am hopping production difficulties because the luxury package at 6000 is a bit steep without the full leather interior. The seats therefore should be a stand alone option at 2000 like on the A7. thoughts?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertsalem
The original release pictures showed a full leather dash board and trim with the luxury package. The initial cars showing up in the US with luxury package have the standard dash with only more leather on the door bottoms. What happened? I am hopping production difficulties because the luxury package at 6000 is a bit steep without the full leather interior. The seats therefore should be a stand alone option at 2000 like on the A7. thoughts?
Are you able to provide a link?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pagla6
Are you able to provide a link?

Thanks.
2017 Audi Q7 First Drive
Old 01-22-2016, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was concerned about this. Photos on the USA website show stitching in the dash as well, but my dealer told me not to expect it.

Do the upper door panels have alcantara or leather?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

im supposed to get some pics of mine that I take delivery on next week but this is concerning esp if the audi website has it...although they do show a disclaimer 'european model shown'... can't use the link above because its not an audi site and they admittedly stated it was drive in Switzerland so I'm sure Audi can easily cover themselves but disappointing nonetheless if true.

Last edited by zurichch; 01-23-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zurichch
im supposed to get some pics of mine that I take delivery on next week but this is concerning esp if the audi website has it...although they do show a disclaimer 'european model shown'... can't use the link above because its not an audi site and they admittedly stated it was drive in Switzerland so I'm sure Audi can easily cover themselves but disappointing nonetheless if true.
I don't know German but Audi Germany shows stitched leather on top of dash and upper door panels.

Pakete > Q7 > Audi Deutschland

These 2 areas of interior put a damper on the looks of Luxury Option equipped Q7's in US and make the Luxury option much less appealing ( It is somewhat overpriced IMHO; should have been $4000-4500.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know German but Audi Germany shows stitched leather on top of dash and upper door panels.

These 2 areas of interior put a damper on the looks of Luxury Option equipped Q7's in US and make the Luxury option much less appealing ( It is somewhat overpriced IMHO; should have been $4000-4500.
On the link, you have to choose "Audi design selection murillobraun" and then you can see the leather dash.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

yes. The seats are great, they should run 2000. The soft close doors are no big deal, they run 500. The rest of the 3500 on an alcantara headliner and leather on the door BOTTOMS is crazy. i do not know, but I am hoping this is a production delay for the leather dash.

Also the door tops are not covered in leather like the photos.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the valcona leather quality materially better than standard?

The USA website seems to show alcantara in the door panels with the cedar brown... Looks nice but I thought that was more an S-line thing.

I know it's not atypical, but I still find it strange how bad communications and sales enablement are on important details of an 80k car.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by robertsalem
I know these are "First world problems" but the black plastic dashboard is the worst part of the interior and looks out of place in "Luxury option" cars which generally run around 80K.

The dark brown dashboard with Pistachio Beige interiors is somewhat of an improvement, less harsh but only available with that interior colour.

Unfortunately, Pistachio Beige interior in Q7 has beige colored carpeting in the footwells.

Same Pistachio Beige interior in Q5 has dark brown carpeting which makes much more sense in terms of propensity to show stains etc.

Quick Reply: production change in dash with luxury pkg.