Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 4M Hidden Gems List

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

If you have Nav, you can slide the MMI **** down to access the radio menu. Sliding the **** left and right is the same as touching the areas on the touch pad.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When you open the driver or psngr door in addition to the main overhead light, the respective reading light for that side will automatically illuminate
Old 08-03-2016, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can set the 360 degree view to stay as default on the right side of the screen.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
You can set the 360 degree view to stay as default on the right side of the screen.

Was looking for this today...good to know.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Found a new one tonight. Activating the child locks also locks out the rear HVAC controls for the 4 zone ACC.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NABS4
Found a new one tonight. Activating the child locks also locks out the rear HVAC controls for the 4 zone ACC.
That's a great one. My kids are always overriding the "Max A/C" setting when we first get into the car. Annoying!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pushing the volume **** on the center console left or right doesn't just selects the next or previous track, but also changes the radio stations.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
Pushing the volume **** on the center console left or right doesn't just selects the next or previous track, but also changes the radio stations.
Thank you for pointing this out. I usually listen to podcasts while driving, and I missed being able to rewind and hear what was said one more time, or being able to skip ahead if the current topic didn't interest me. Now that I look for it, I can see the REW and FF symbols shown on either side of the volume ****. The only way I knew before was to fiddle with the MMI functions and then drag my finger to the left or right on the trackpad. In Mk I there were dedicated ***** for those functions. Pretty soon we'll have 3D ***** and pulling up on them will engage another action.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maxlxi
Thank you for pointing this out. I usually listen to podcasts while driving, and I missed being able to rewind and hear what was said one more time, or being able to skip ahead if the current topic didn't interest me. Now that I look for it, I can see the REW and FF symbols shown on either side of the volume ****. The only way I knew before was to fiddle with the MMI functions and then drag my finger to the left or right on the trackpad. In Mk I there were dedicated ***** for those functions. Pretty soon we'll have 3D ***** and pulling up on them will engage another action.
Hey there... Just noticed your former 13 Q7 TDI in your signature. Looks like we were near twins, haha. I thought I loved my brown chariot, but man, no comparison to the new one right? New Q7 is awesome!
Old 08-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Hey there... Just noticed your former 13 Q7 TDI in your signature. Looks like we were near twins, haha. I thought I loved my brown chariot, but man, no comparison to the new one right? New Q7 is awesome!
I used to get compliments frequently on the Teak Brown and what a gorgeous color it was. I was considering the Tofana White, Argus Brown, and Carat Beige for the 2017 Model. Unfortunately I couldn't see samples of any of the colors and had to either wait a few more months or decide sight unseen. My favorite all-time color is the Pearl White I had in an A6. My next favorite was the Condor Gray of my first Q7. I like the Tofana White but not as much as the Pearl White. I still haven't seen an Argus Brown in person. I really don't want to bother second guessing my color choice, so I won't actively consider color preferences until it is time to order a replacement for the 2017.

While I like most things about the 2017, I really wish I had the internal storage compartments of the Mk I. I used to just transfer the entire cargo bin from the first Q7 to the next, and then again onto the next. Now there isn't any under-floor storage in the cargo area, nor spare tire. No compartment under the passenger seat, nor second level under the arm rest. Oh, and I miss having a TDI.

Quick Reply: Q7 4M Hidden Gems List