Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is the q7 a home run for Audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the q7 a home run for Audi

We ordered a q7 after looking at a lot of cars. In looking at the forums and the amount of orders the car seems very popular. Both dealers we talked to in our area were saying most of there allotment was spoken for and they were having trouble keeping anything on the lot. Is it normal for a manufacture to be out 4 months on sold production? Is this a home run for Audi or are all the car companies experiencing heavy demand?
Old 06-02-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by iasm
We ordered a q7 after looking at a lot of cars. In looking at the forums and the amount of orders the car seems very popular. Both dealers we talked to in our area were saying most of there allotment was spoken for and they were having trouble keeping anything on the lot. Is it normal for a manufacture to be out 4 months on sold production? Is this a home run for Audi or are all the car companies experiencing heavy demand?
Well, it's not unusual for any new model to be initially in short supply, especially in the very hot-selling 3-row luxury crossover segment. While you're wondering why orders seem to have in excess of 5+ months of wait, consider the following:

1) The mk2 Q7 is long overdue and many have been anticipating its arrival. The mk1 is now 10 years old, so naturally there many Audi loyalists itching to get their hands on the new one in addition to those buyers who are new to Audi. Americans in general just can't get enough 3-row luxury crossovers!
2) look at the luxury 3-row competition: GLS450 (too big and expensive), X5 (nearly useless 3rd row and inferior infotainment), MDX (too pedestrian), QX60 (too nissan), XC90 (can't tow and poor initial reliability), Range Rover Sport (more expensive, low tech gadgetry) ...the new Q7 has all of a sudden become so compelling that many buyers are even overlooking their own bias against the Q7's plain jane looks.
3) the factory will have a 1 month holiday sometime this summer... the WHOLE entire factory. Supply vs demand issues will surely spike a bit.
4) Captain America Civil War. How about having a blockbuster summer superhero action flick central to your ad campaign? And to think Audi hasn't been marketing the new Q7 enough...
Old 06-02-2016, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

I would say it's a home run. Last month the Q7 made up 21% of our sales where I work.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

The factory closing for the month of August I was told
Old 06-02-2016, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
The factory closing for the month of August I was told
Interesting I have a week 32 build which is the week of August 7th.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is set for week 34 so may be also affected by holiday. I wonder why they would list build week if there not building cars. One thing i found concerning was when we were looking at the q7 the dealers were short of cars. We were looking at a loaded prestige the salesman was showing us and he had previously told us the car was sold and the owner was on vacation so was delayed in picking it up. He then offered to let us test drive. I questioned him and told him i didnt want to drive a customers car. They were letting everyone go thru this guys car.It was in front with the keys in it. Just seemed odd.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah I will make a special request that no one to drive my car when it arrive.

Originally Posted by Lookout57
Interesting I have a week 32 build which is the week of August 7th.
Yeah lookout apparently its close for general maintenance the month of august

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...livery-faq.pdf
Old 06-03-2016, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
yeah I will make a special request that no one to drive my car when it arrive.

Yeah lookout apparently its close for general maintenance the month of august

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...livery-faq.pdf
In reading that the German plants (Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm) are closed in August.

The Q7 is built in Bratislava, Slovakia so it might be on a different schedule.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh ok. Thanks for that info
Old 06-03-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think Larry has summed it up perfectly here. I researched the MDX, QX60 and XC90 and the Q7 beat them all handily. Even though the Q7 is not perfect it's the best cross over luxury vehicle with a 3rd row seating available at the moment. Its not too big and not too small.

Quick Reply: Is the q7 a home run for Audi