Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 - MKII - Feature that you assumed the car would have, but isn't there.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 - MKII - Feature that you assumed the car would have, but isn't there.

Hello all,

We've had our Q7 for a couple of weeks now (Prestige + Drivers Assistance + Upgraded Valcona Leather Package, etc.) I have to say it is really a great SUV. Very quiet, very comfortable. All around great redesign.

That said, have you all ran across features that you're a little surprised are not on this model? One item for me is that it doesn't have memory seats on the passenger side. Not a huge deal, but I just assumed that it would have it. (My 550xi does).

I know, I know. These are petty "first world" issues, but seeing if there are other items that people have noticed.

Like I said - this is a great car all around.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I did research before buying the car, so I did not have many failed assumptions.
However, after I bought the car, I found that:
1. It does not have a cargo net nor it has wall hooks for it. Cargo cover works only when 3rd row is folded. Very silly on Audi side I'd say.
2. Infamous problem with AudiConnect that does not work with 3rd party SIM's (yet?).
Old 05-07-2016, 01:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1- Actual tire pressure displayed per tire
2- Front Fog lights ( I know it has some sort of front corner light)
3- 2nd row windows not going all the way down
4- No climate controls in the center console for 2nd row seats (3rd zone) - makes absolutely no sense that you cannot see or control the 3rd zone. biggest disappointment so far
Old 05-07-2016, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by erycl
1- Actual tire pressure displayed per tire
2- Front Fog lights ( I know it has some sort of front corner light)
3- 2nd row windows not going all the way down
4- No climate controls in the center console for 2nd row seats (3rd zone) - makes absolutely no sense that you cannot see or control the 3rd zone. biggest disappointment so far
Getting the warm weather package allows you to see and adjust the rear temperature from the front.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by alex904
2. Infamous problem with AudiConnect that does not work with 3rd party SIM's (yet?).
external SIM can be enabled and seems to be working fine, AudiConnect subscription is still required for Google Earth and all the other services https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24806402
Old 05-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not having 4 corner tire pressure really pissed me off. My last 5 cars has had this.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by my_audi_sucks
Not having 4 corner tire pressure really pissed me off. My last 5 cars has had this.
I pretty sure in order to display individual tire pressures, the car would have to be equipped with direct TPMS sensors in each wheel. Other than the A8/S8 and R8, on other models, as of a few years ago, Audi (and many other brands) began switching to the passive TPMS system which uses the ABS and tire rotational differences to determine loss of tire pressures. While not as informative, there are no wheel sensors to replace as the batteries wear out or extra sensors needed if using two sets of wheels and tires.

BTW, nice user ID. I'm sure it will be well received by the forum members for many years to come.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by my_audi_sucks
My RS7 has 4-corner active TPMS (and temperature) but as much as I love this feature, there are practical benefits to the passive system in most other Audis including the new Q7:

1) you don't have to worry about the added cost of buying the sensors for a 2nd set of wheels (for winter) or the cost of replacing sensors when they fail
2) the passive tire pressure monitoring via ABS sensors will work on any set of wheels you swap in the car; and from my experience they are just as effective in alerting you with even small pressure loss on a corner relative to other corners

A set of pressure/temp sensors for my RS7 cost me $660 (no joke) just so I could have the system active for the winter wheels set. I'm kinda glad the Q7 will not have the same system, though I wish Audi would at least offer the option for those that do want them.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I forgot about the RS7 also having direct TPMS. I had them on my 2009 A4, the only year they were used in the B8 series and a couple of the sensor batteries died a week before I traded it for my '13 A6. I'm pleased my A6 has the passive TPMS system - no more worries about dealing with the sensors.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess call me old fashioned and lazy. For $660 I can agree there are no practical benefits.

my_car_sucks has been my user name on virtually every automotive forum I've ever been on. It all started with my '96 GTI, which truly sucked. Keeping my fingers crossed the Audi doesn't live up to my user name. Coming from an x5 and xc90 lemon I sure hope it doesn't.

Quick Reply: Q7 - MKII - Feature that you assumed the car would have, but isn't there.