Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 - MKII - Feature that you assumed the car would have, but isn't there.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expected at least proximity sensors for keyless entry to be standard. It seems to be standard on almost every brand nowadays.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought the seat would slide back upon exiting the car in addition to raising the steering wheel. My old Infiniti QX60 did this and I liked the feature.

Shame Audi only made the wheel lift, but I am sure they could SO EASILY change it to also slide the seat back via a future software update. For those who may not want seat sliding, just make it an option that can be turned on/off via MMI, there are already tons of choices to make in there anyway, what's another one, lol.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by my_audi_sucks
I guess call me old fashioned and lazy. For $660 I can agree there are no practical benefits.

my_car_sucks has been my user name on virtually every automotive forum I've ever been on. It all started with my '96 GTI, which truly sucked. Keeping my fingers crossed the Audi doesn't live up to my user name. Coming from an x5 and xc90 lemon I sure hope it doesn't.
You sound like a person with a positive outlook on life - lol!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just out of curiosity. If the run flat tire has a puncture in it, its supposed to retain its shape so that you can get to the repair facility. Using the TPMS system thats in my S6 there is no way to know when there is loss of air in the tire unless there is a height variation in the tire to ground as compared to the rest. How will you know if there is a puncture in a RUN FLAT tire? I might be missing something.
Roman
Old 05-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rf204
Just out of curiosity. If the run flat tire has a puncture in it, its supposed to retain its shape so that you can get to the repair facility. Using the TPMS system thats in my S6 there is no way to know when there is loss of air in the tire unless there is a height variation in the tire to ground as compared to the rest. How will you know if there is a puncture in a RUN FLAT tire? I might be missing something.
Roman
I have always been under the impression that once air pressure is lost, even with run flats, the low tire pressure icon lights up in the instrument cluster thus alerting you. I cannot imagine that no light illuminates when pressure drops below whatever their preset threshold is to alert someone they have low pressure/no pressure/a puncture/etc.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rf204
Roman
Run-flat tires retains MOST but not all of its shape due to ultra-rigid sidewalls but still deforms with loss of air pressure than with air. The indirect TPMS in your S6 does not use "height variation in the tire to ground as compared to the rest" but rather the existing sensors already in place in each wheel hub for the ABS/ESP system that detect rotational speed relative to the other corners in the car. Even with run-flat tires, a slight deformation due to pressure loss can still be detected by this system because a fully-pressurized run-flat tire will still rotate at a different rate than run-flat tire that has lost air. So full functionality of the TPMS is retained even with runflats. And I know this from experience on a different car (M5) with the same ABS/ESP-based indirect TPMS system and a set of runflats that had a puncture.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks larryv. That makes sense now.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My biggest issue with this car after 5 days of ownership.... Easy Entry not moving the seat. Wife and I are not 6+ feet tall, so "easier entry" would be appreciated

oh, and the base stereo... my x1 sounds 10 times better

Two biggest feature letdowns
Old 05-16-2016, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by erycl
1- Actual tire pressure displayed per tire
2- Front Fog lights ( I know it has some sort of front corner light)
3- 2nd row windows not going all the way down
4- No climate controls in the center console for 2nd row seats (3rd zone) - makes absolutely no sense that you cannot see or control the 3rd zone. biggest disappointment so far
on all audis you can sync the controls to the front from the front panel and then adjust how you see fit ..if someone in rear adjusts the temp or fan then it unsyncs but you can resync ..only down side to this setup is that you cant lock the rear controls..ie set a temp and fan for rear that then can be locked out so the rear "kids" dont change it..although I think if you hit child lock button in front it may also lock the temp/fan ..ive never tried that
Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by bootnet
on all audis you can sync the controls to the front from the front panel and then adjust how you see fit ..if someone in rear adjusts the temp or fan then it unsyncs but you can resync ..only down side to this setup is that you cant lock the rear controls..ie set a temp and fan for rear that then can be locked out so the rear "kids" dont change it..although I think if you hit child lock button in front it may also lock the temp/fan ..ive never tried that
How can you sync it in the Q7 if you don't have warm weather package?

Quick Reply: Q7 - MKII - Feature that you assumed the car would have, but isn't there.