Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 MKII with High Mileage - How far ya gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Milrage

I just hit 23,000 - and trading in Monday. My car arrived without the driver assistance and I thought I could live without it. Well, it turns out I need more toys to play with in this beast. So getting adaptive chassis as well. Love the truck. But with everything , including me I'm sure (too scared to ask my wife!!)It has its nuanced annoying quirks. Anyone know how to store your navigation (keeping the view at 1/4 mile instead of defaulting to 100 feet), phone settings (go automatically to previous calls instead of the phone book) and for radio (where it always goes to presets instead of me having to scroll to get to them).
All minor annoyances but for 75 large, it should be perfect.
This will be my 8th q7 so I'm pretty much in love with this truck as my daily driver.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericlterps
I just hit 23,000 - and trading in Monday. My car arrived without the driver assistance and I thought I could live without it. Well, it turns out I need more toys to play with in this beast. So getting adaptive chassis as well. Love the truck. But with everything , including me I'm sure (too scared to ask my wife!!)It has its nuanced annoying quirks. Anyone know how to store your navigation (keeping the view at 1/4 mile instead of defaulting to 100 feet), phone settings (go automatically to previous calls instead of the phone book) and for radio (where it always goes to presets instead of me having to scroll to get to them).
All minor annoyances but for 75 large, it should be perfect.
This will be my 8th q7 so I'm pretty much in love with this truck as my daily driver.
Are you getting a special trade in deal due to the miss on the driver assistance or not? Care to share what you are getting for it? What are the exact specs?

I am considering going back to BMW or LR and am wondering what would be the right value for mine.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by epicQ7
Are you getting a special trade in deal due to the miss on the driver assistance or not? Care to share what you are getting for it? What are the exact specs?

I am considering going back to BMW or LR and am wondering what would be the right value for mine.
First - I have a Prestige (ink blue, cedar brown) with luxury and winter package. 73ish MSRP if memory serves correct. Picked up February 29.

No accommodation since not using same dealer because i am getting a great deal on my trade. My usual dealer (who i have bought 4 q7's from in 4 years) offered me between 52 and 53 on my car. i thought that was outrageously low since typically i get mid 50's for a year old q7 on my previous deals. since i am a very repeat customer, i typically pay 1 k over invoice for the car.

I then shopped around. The car had to have exact exterior and interior color so no one notices my new car (not worth the conversation!) and these are hard to find typically in that combo. Found a loaded (with driver assistance and adaptive chassis) 79855 MSRP Car. I really didn't want adaptive chassis but figured why not try it since it was on the lot.

They are offering me 58,500 for my trade - initially started at 56, then 57, then 57750 then 58,500 after a lot of hondling from me. Dealer stated they were all-in at that number and I believe it. Paying 77500 for the new car so there's definitely fat in the sell price of the car but no fat for them on my trade so i am definitely satisfied.

be warned if switching brands - You're going to get murdered on a trade. typically - they will wholesale this car and a wholesaler builds 3-4 k of fat into his number. I had an amazingly spec'd BMW X5 (4.8, sport package, every option except executive package - 80 k car) and lost 15 k on the trade because I hated the seats. Had the car 6 months. Will never get out of a car that quick for a different brand.

Hope this helps!