AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/q7-noise-rear-seat-area-2916871/)

Mjship2001 03-21-2017 03:37 PM

Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

Hi all,

There is a noise coming from the rear seat area in my '17 Q7. The car has almost 1,000 miles on it and this noise was apparent since delivery day. We cannot find out what the noise is, and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. It is a very faint "chirping" noise that only happens when the car is in motion. In the video, turn your volume up high. My phone did not do a good job capturing the sound, but it is there.

Any comments/ideas of what it could be are welcome!

golfR 03-21-2017 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mjship2001 (Post 24940540)
Hi all,

There is a noise coming from the rear seat area in my '17 Q7. The car has almost 1,000 miles on it and this noise was apparent since delivery day. We cannot find out what the noise is, and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. It is a very faint "chirping" noise that only happens when the car is in motion. In the video, turn your volume up high. My phone did not do a good job capturing the sound, but it is there.

Any comments/ideas of what it could be are welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GcmFlBnPM

I got plenty of noise in my Q7 cabin :( including the one you got

golfR 03-21-2017 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by golfR (Post 24940587)

please let me know if you find what's going on.

jaywagenaar 03-21-2017 05:49 PM

As you mentioned it is difficult to hear it in the clip so I'm not sure if it is the same noise I have. I have found that there is a noise coming from the cup holders in the rear arm rest. You may want to see if your noise is perhaps coming from there too.

Mjship2001 03-21-2017 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by golfR (Post 24940587)

Please let me know as well. Has your dealer done anything to make it better?

Mjship2001 03-21-2017 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaywagenaar (Post 24940616)
As you mentioned it is difficult to hear it in the clip so I'm not sure if it is the same noise I have. I have found that there is a noise coming from the cup holders in the rear arm rest. You may want to see if your noise is perhaps coming from there too.

I will have to check it out the next time I'm in the car. My mother thinks that it might be coming from a rear air vent but I think it might be the cupholders.

Bozman5000 03-21-2017 06:11 PM

Hard to hear. I've got one or two noises that happen over some types of rough terrain. I can't tell where they are from other than behind me. Migrating from a Lexus LS they are annoying.

Mjship2001 03-21-2017 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bozman5000 (Post 24940630)
Hard to hear. I've got one or two noises that happen over some types of rough terrain. I can't tell where they are from other than behind me. Migrating from a Lexus LS they are annoying.

The noise is driving my mom bonkers but she doesn't want to give her car up to the service center yet! She can't get enough of the car and looks for ANY excuse to go drive it. Eventually, we will go to our service center and have the service manager or a service person ride in the car and hear the noise themselves. Hopefully there is a solution to this.

ringtrick 03-18-2018 12:38 PM

I hate going bonkers! This might might help.

Originally Posted by Mjship2001 (Post 24940635)
The noise is driving my mom bonkers but she doesn't want to give her car up to the service center yet! She can't get enough of the car and looks for ANY excuse to go drive it. Eventually, we will go to our service center and have the service manager or a service person ride in the car and hear the noise themselves. Hopefully there is a solution to this.

My ticking noise (car in motion over uneven roads) is most likely coming from the right-mid-seat bolster when it shifts in its metal retainer. The left bolster is dead quiet. I've had brief success using spacers and shims of various materials, but they will not remain in place. I took the car to my dealer on a day with temps in the 60's - NO NOISE. It came back the next morning when temps lowered. With a passenger sitting in the second row on either side - NO NOISE. Back to the dealer soon for another attempt.

P.s. I like my back seat too much to give it up.

aquarian 03-18-2018 02:48 PM

I have a squeaking noise coming from the second row seat back. The top leather portion is rubbing against each other. The noise goes away if I put the middle seat down. If you do that and the noise goes away, it's probably the same noise.