Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

 
Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 182
Default Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

Hi all,

There is a noise coming from the rear seat area in my '17 Q7. The car has almost 1,000 miles on it and this noise was apparent since delivery day. We cannot find out what the noise is, and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. It is a very faint "chirping" noise that only happens when the car is in motion. In the video, turn your volume up high. My phone did not do a good job capturing the sound, but it is there.

Any comments/ideas of what it could be are welcome!

Mjship2001 is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM
  #2  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Mjship2001 View Post
Hi all,

There is a noise coming from the rear seat area in my '17 Q7. The car has almost 1,000 miles on it and this noise was apparent since delivery day. We cannot find out what the noise is, and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this. It is a very faint "chirping" noise that only happens when the car is in motion. In the video, turn your volume up high. My phone did not do a good job capturing the sound, but it is there.

Any comments/ideas of what it could be are welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GcmFlBnPM
I got plenty of noise in my Q7 cabin including the one you got
golfR is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 05:02 PM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by golfR View Post
I got plenty of noise in my Q7 cabin including the one you got
please let me know if you find what's going on.
golfR is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 05:49 PM
  #4  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
jaywagenaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 55
Default

As you mentioned it is difficult to hear it in the clip so I'm not sure if it is the same noise I have. I have found that there is a noise coming from the cup holders in the rear arm rest. You may want to see if your noise is perhaps coming from there too.
jaywagenaar is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 06:09 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by golfR View Post
I got plenty of noise in my Q7 cabin including the one you got
Please let me know as well. Has your dealer done anything to make it better?
Mjship2001 is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 06:10 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by jaywagenaar View Post
As you mentioned it is difficult to hear it in the clip so I'm not sure if it is the same noise I have. I have found that there is a noise coming from the cup holders in the rear arm rest. You may want to see if your noise is perhaps coming from there too.
I will have to check it out the next time I'm in the car. My mother thinks that it might be coming from a rear air vent but I think it might be the cupholders.
Mjship2001 is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 06:11 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Bozman5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 799
Default

Hard to hear. I've got one or two noises that happen over some types of rough terrain. I can't tell where they are from other than behind me. Migrating from a Lexus LS they are annoying.
Bozman5000 is offline  
Old 03-21-2017, 06:16 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by Bozman5000 View Post
Hard to hear. I've got one or two noises that happen over some types of rough terrain. I can't tell where they are from other than behind me. Migrating from a Lexus LS they are annoying.
The noise is driving my mom bonkers but she doesn't want to give her car up to the service center yet! She can't get enough of the car and looks for ANY excuse to go drive it. Eventually, we will go to our service center and have the service manager or a service person ride in the car and hear the noise themselves. Hopefully there is a solution to this.
Mjship2001 is offline  
Old 03-18-2018, 12:38 PM
  #9  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Powell Butte , Oregon
Posts: 43
Default I hate going bonkers! This might might help.

Originally Posted by Mjship2001 View Post
The noise is driving my mom bonkers but she doesn't want to give her car up to the service center yet! She can't get enough of the car and looks for ANY excuse to go drive it. Eventually, we will go to our service center and have the service manager or a service person ride in the car and hear the noise themselves. Hopefully there is a solution to this.
My ticking noise (car in motion over uneven roads) is most likely coming from the right-mid-seat bolster when it shifts in its metal retainer. The left bolster is dead quiet. I've had brief success using spacers and shims of various materials, but they will not remain in place. I took the car to my dealer on a day with temps in the 60's - NO NOISE. It came back the next morning when temps lowered. With a passenger sitting in the second row on either side - NO NOISE. Back to the dealer soon for another attempt.

P.s. I like my back seat too much to give it up.
ringtrick is offline  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:48 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
aquarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastside, WA
Posts: 1,224
Default

I have a squeaking noise coming from the second row seat back. The top leather portion is rubbing against each other. The noise goes away if I put the middle seat down. If you do that and the noise goes away, it's probably the same noise.
aquarian is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: