Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89 View Post
Damn! Have you determined where the sound is coming from?
I really hope I do not have to go through a cat and mouse game with the dealer where they tell me "cannot reproduce problem".
I may take the service adviser on a quick drive with me when it goes in for service so they acknowledge it.
yep the head liner. no pun intended. they felted the headliner the next day when backing out of the garage all the backup sensor were done for because they shorted a computer while working on the headliner. replaced the computer then they broke the sun visor clip and now above the rear drivers window a rattle 10X worse than the original problem. just dealership mistakes mostly by them that why they are paying to fix them. go thing its under warrantee and I'm a mechanic to filter the BS.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jetmechabq View Post
yep the head liner. no pun intended. they felted the headliner the next day when backing out of the garage all the backup sensor were done for because they shorted a computer while working on the headliner. replaced the computer then they broke the sun visor clip and now above the rear drivers window a rattle 10X worse than the original problem. just dealership mistakes mostly by them that why they are paying to fix them. go thing its under warrantee and I'm a mechanic to filter the BS.
Gotcha. Hoping I have a smoother experience than yours. And hope they get it right for you as well.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

The creaking has been driving me nuts. BUT....

Took the car on a long road trip to VT for some skiing over the long weekend and vented the sunroof and then closed it... and boom! Creaking disappeared.
Not sure if that is the magic fix, but it is holding up so far (2 days).

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: