Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, Cosmo Kitty...it looks beautiful! Use it in good health...there are pics of mine above from Nov. '17. While I know the Cobra Beige turned some off, I like the color more and more and I've gotten lots of compliments. I had Graphite Grey on my last one and wanted something different. A few updates for you all: I purchased the cargo liners from Canvasback for the back, the sides and the last 2 rows. I also got the skirt that hangs over the back to protect the bumper when the liftgate is open. It was easy to install and it looks great. I'll share some pics soon. The dark grey color goes well with the nougat interior and grey carpeting. Had 16 inches of snow here yesterday and the car slices through it like nothing. The only issue I've had is that with wet snow, the sensors get covered and cannot read the road or cars around me. The night vision has been very useful; I rarely use Audi Connect--I use Android Auto most of the time--put on Waze and that's all I need. Figured out how to send/receive texts and emails verbally while keeping my eyes on the road. Last news to report: found a crack in the windshield that's spreading from a truck that threw a stone last week. Looks like I'll have to replace the entire windshield. What a pain...
Old 03-31-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Beautiful sunny day, decided to detail the interior. While I run my Q through the car wash, I wont let anyone touch the inside just yet. Nothing like a spotless car. She looks good as new!!

Last edited by BigKutta; 03-31-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent Pics-Looks Great!
Old 04-01-2018, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ICED over front end............

Old 04-01-2018, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Wisconsin, frozen front end looks great on white Q. White-out eyes are a strangely interesting look.

BigKutta, I am having hard time keeping my black interior clean. I've never had a black interior that showed so much dirt as my Q7 does. I don't know if it's the softer panels, or the type of materials they use, but wherever my son's shoes touch, it leaves a large dirt mark. They are easy to wipe clean, but they don't seem as resistant as my last X5's were.

Also I can't say I am a fan of perforated seats in the back. They are not cooled, why are they perforated? It's hassle cleaning those with kids in the back.

I just cleaned mine today too, nothing on the outside since we are expecting another potential snowy day tomorrow, I just couldn't keep interior the way it was any longer. Vacuumed, washed and hanged rubber mats to dry, wiped all panels. Outside mess, inside sparky.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Wisconsin, frozen front end looks great on white Q. White-out eyes are a strangely interesting look.

BigKutta, I am having hard time keeping my black interior clean. I've never had a black interior that showed so much dirt as my Q7 does. I don't know if it's the softer panels, or the type of materials they use, but wherever my son's shoes touch, it leaves a large dirt mark. They are easy to wipe clean, but they don't seem as resistant as my last X5's were.

Also I can't say I am a fan of perforated seats in the back. They are not cooled, why are they perforated? It's hassle cleaning those with kids in the back.

I just cleaned mine today too, nothing on the outside since we are expecting another potential snowy day tomorrow, I just couldn't keep interior the way it was any longer. Vacuumed, washed and hanged rubber mats to dry, wiped all panels. Outside mess, inside sparky.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the perforated seats in general. A lot can go wrong there as you state..chocolate, ice cream sprinkes, liquids, and things getting caught in the holes with kids toys etc. (luckily I dont have small kids any more), and cleaning is not as simple.

I dont feel the Q gets any dirtier than my Black interior BMW. The black dash will show dust, I just clean that with a damp cloth. Same with door panels and seat backs where shoe prints can be found.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the dirt in the back seats with kids on black, but I don't think it's any different than any of the other black interiors from other manufacturers. Lots of sand and dust this time of hear and easily transfers from kids shoes.

As for the perforated seats, I rarely allow the kids to eat in the car. Even when I had non-perforated. Makes clean up simple. But I know others do and yes the holes would certainly make it harder.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Looking Q7 ! what size are your tires and wheels? is yours a Prestige to allow for the lowered stance ? thanks
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Foam cannon wash

Attachment 102267
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked her up
The following users liked this post:
Irvin Fitzgerald (12-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Q7 Picture Thread