Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 vs. Q5

Old 08-18-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test drove the 2.0 Premium Plus again today. Definitely the one I'm going with. Planning to get the vision, towing, driver assistance, warm weather, and cold weather packages. Gray exterior with the 20" - 10 spoke wheels. Now I just have to sell my Tahoe so I can pull the trigger. Anything else I'm needing to consider?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ttusomeone
Test drove the 2.0 Premium Plus again today. Definitely the one I'm going with. Planning to get the vision, towing, driver assistance, warm weather, and cold weather packages. Gray exterior with the 20" - 10 spoke wheels. Now I just have to sell my Tahoe so I can pull the trigger. Anything else I'm needing to consider?
Did you test drive the 3.0 also?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
Did you test drive the 3.0 also?
I didn’t drive them back to back but the 3.0 is what I drove last week. I’ll probably drive them back to back before I actually buy it but since I’ve got to sell my Tahoe first, I have a little time to change my mind. Mainly though today I tried the 2.0 on things like fast merging, passing, etc and it seemed perfectly fine which is why I’m leaning that way.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:46 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jason1635
The 2.0 T is one of VWs best engines ever and this is tuned to produce this much power for A 4 cylinder engine. I don't think there is much to the old argument that a 6 will last longer than a 4 (unless you tow, etc) both are good engines. The 3.0 is on the tail end of its lifespan, (I think), but is smooth and effortless and somehow gets doesn't have any disadvantages other than cost . For me that was enough I will keep this 3-4 years and will not regret the 2.0 in metro area or long drives. I have had three cars with the 2.0 and they have all been rock solid engine wise.
Packages add up on the Q7 like all Audis. We stayed bare bones and just got Plus, 20" wheels and cold weather. I had the DAP on my loaner and it was cool but for us seemed like it would be used day to day on short drives. The rear camera/pre-sense and lane assist that already come with the + were enough. I had the vision package (or what constitutes). The LED lights are aesthetically nice, but I am in the minority that doesnt like the virtual cockpit. It is duplicative and actually obscures some elements that the normal speedometer doesn't. Then again I still wear mechanical watches, so maybe just like the real dials... Good luck with select--cant really go wrong...
Good point, you really can't go wrong with either...
Old 08-26-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

To close out this thread, I bought a 2018 Q7 yesterday. Gray with black interior, 2.0, warm and cold weather packages, vision package, tow package, and driver assistance package. We looked at a lot of different vehicles but nothing came close to the Q7. I hope this is a car I have for 6 or 7 years. Thanks everyone for all the advice!
Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttusomeone
To close out this thread, I bought a 2018 Q7 yesterday. Gray with black interior, 2.0, warm and cold weather packages, vision package, tow package, and driver assistance package. We looked at a lot of different vehicles but nothing came close to the Q7. I hope this is a car I have for 6 or 7 years. Thanks everyone for all the advice!
Congrats! Glad you made the decision. It definitely is a great car to own. Enjoy!