Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q7 vs Q8

Old 10-08-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Q7 vs Q8

Ordered a '19 Q7 w/msrp of about $83k...I see a Q8 ordered the same way is only 8k more...any reason I shouldn't go for an 8?
What makes the 7/8 better?
Old 10-08-2018, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just read the 8 has significantly more torque than the 7...hmmm.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I believe the Q8 gives you the full autonomous driving as well (as well as touchscreens).
Old 10-08-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

For MY19, the Q8 certainly has the advanced technology. I guess it all boils down to how much you need the cargo/room capabilities of the Q7.

The Q8 will be more fun to drive. So if you want a driver's SUV and the latest tech, the Q8 wins. If you want the better bang for the buck and the utility of a bigger SUV, the Q7 wins. Only you can make that call.

Personally, I would have a hard time right now buying an $80K+ Q7 considering the MY20 facelift.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will also be interesting to see how the lease-offers on the Q8 will be compared to the Q7.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL View Post
For MY19, the Q8 certainly has the advanced technology. I guess it all boils down to how much you need the cargo/room capabilities of the Q7.

The Q8 will be more fun to drive. So if you want a driver's SUV and the latest tech, the Q8 wins. If you want the better bang for the buck and the utility of a bigger SUV, the Q7 wins. Only you can make that call.

Personally, I would have a hard time right now buying an $80K+ Q7 considering the MY20 facelift.
Agree but I need to replace my 17 soon and facelifts are generally minor; plus I ordered the new 22's (first time available here) which should help. I don't like the frameless windows on the Q8 and prefer the retro buttons/switches on the q7 vs the giant touch screen. I am a cash buyer and know the q8 will hold its value better than the 7 for the first few years especially with a facelift so near. Maybe when my q7 comes in I'll switch it for an 8? sigh...

Old 10-08-2018, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

just read our beloved supercharged 3.0 is replaced with a turbo engine (hence the extra trq), not so sure I'd like giving up the instant response of the supercharged one. hmm, the plot thickens,
Old 10-08-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
Agree but I need to replace my 17 soon and facelifts are generally minor; plus I ordered the new 22's (first time available here) which should help. I don't like the frameless windows on the Q8 and prefer the retro buttons/switches on the q7 vs the giant touch screen. I am a cash buyer and know the q8 will hold its value better than the 7 for the first few years especially with a facelift so near. Maybe when my q7 comes in I'll switch it for an 8? sigh...
If you like the current MMI layout better, that's a different story.

Plus, in regards to pricing, I would not be so sure if you could get the same discount on the Q8 as currently available on the Q7 which would add to the difference in price.

I have to say though that the Q8 is a positive surprise in regards to pricing. Unless you compare basic models, the price difference isn't too bad. I know that my next ride will be slightly cheaper than my current Q7 and a nicely equipped Q8 which is lacking a few options I have right now (premium B&O, Luxury Package and Nightvision) but also adds some (new tech, leather dash, 21" wheels, painted brake calipers) is already $7K less than my current Q7. Equally equipped, it's almost a wash.

That makes me optimistic for the MY20 Q7.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL View Post
If you like the current MMI layout better, that's a different story.

Plus, in regards to pricing, I would not be so sure if you could get the same discount on the Q8 as currently available on the Q7 which would add to the difference in price.

I have to say though that the Q8 is a positive surprise in regards to pricing. Unless you compare basic models, the price difference isn't too bad. I know that my next ride will be slightly cheaper than my current Q7 and a nicely equipped Q8 which is lacking a few options I have right now (premium B&O, Luxury Package and Nightvision) but also adds some (new tech, leather dash, 21" wheels, painted brake calipers) is already $7K less than my current Q7. Equally equipped, it's almost a wash.

That makes me optimistic for the MY20 Q7.
Yes, indeed. I was told $100k+, with that said it makes the Q8 tempting. When will they be here?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Q8 has the more powerful engine. I think the turbo is going to be more fun to drive than our SC.

I just don't like the looks of the Q8 so no remorse from me for choosing the 7 over waiting for 8 last winter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: