Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 04:51 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryK4
Just an update: Still no car :-( They said that they are working with Audi support, also they are very busy. I have a nice A6 loaner, but this is ridiculous. This thursday, will be (2) weeks.
Sounds fishy to me.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Just an update: Still no car :-( They said that they are working with Audi support, also they are very busy. I have a nice A6 loaner, but this is ridiculous. This thursday, will be (2) weeks.
I'm sure they are very busy, busy not fixing your car. What kind of stupid excuse is that? If it's not an oil change or overpriced brake job, then we can't do it? How long does it take to build a new car? I bet it's less time than two weeks. If they are not fixing cars and only give out loaners, maybe it's not a dealership, maybe it's a car rental. Sorry, crap like this really pisses me off. Dealers like this do a huge disservice to the brand - regardless if it's Audi or a different manufacturer.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is you Q7 still - Dead at the Dealer?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbull
Is you Q7 still - Dead at the Dealer?
Yes, still at the dealer. He said it was like it was struck by lightning! They had to order some modules and they think they are getting close. Thursday will be (3) weeks.
It scares me to think what this would cost out of warranty.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, still at the dealer. He said it was like it was struck by lightning! They had to order some modules and they think they are getting close. Thursday will be (3) weeks.
It scares me to think what this would cost out of warranty.
That is freaky. Very expensive to replace some of those computer modules.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry, but that's just BS. Unless of course the dealer doesn't have the parts and the expertise to troubleshoot correctly. If the computer modules are at fault, that can be easilly determined using the scan tool, as a fault module simply will not come up. The dealer has a capability to completely overwrite (re-program) each module, so it should have been relatively easy for them to determine which module is dead, and not randomly change each one and see if it works. 3 weeks in the shop and they are guessing . Sorry, but that's just BS.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yea, Got my Q7 back. I scanned the report. I don't have OCR on this computer, so the image is large.
Below is their findings. Rep said they get paid $2500 for the work, but if I paid out of warranty it would be more like $3,000.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, trial and error. Now imagine doing it yourself. So they replaced Databus and comfort modules and had to reprogram entire vehicle. Nice. I wonder how many other vehicles were hit by lightning..... (figuratively speaking)
Old 05-23-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Good that the dealer didn't try to claim that it was a lightning strike and therefore not covered under warranty!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Good that the dealer didn't try to claim that it was a lightning strike and therefore not covered under warranty!
That would have been hard. The car was in my closed garage with the doors shut! He was just using it as a reference.

Quick Reply: Q7 won't start