Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Quattro sno!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob

I just came back from Bend OR and they are deep like Tahoe. I’m still on 19” and the Q7 tracked very well. I even did some donuts in a open field for fun. This last few storms are gnarly. I slide off the road in my dodge diesel with traction tires 4-5yrs ago last crazy Tahoe storm. I had winch’s and still needed to get pulled out by cal trans and many other including Bad *** Subaru’s and Tacoma’s.
What im saying is the Q is badass and I’m not sure it’s the ride. I’d say gnar weather and too much snow really.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a single car or plow in sight. Had to drive this road for 20+ miles. Pulled over to have some fun and didn’t get stuck. Was your road like this?
Old 03-01-2019, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi707

Not a single car or plow in sight. Had to drive this road for 20+ miles. Pulled over to have some fun and didn’t get stuck. Was your road like this?
Wow
Old 03-01-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi707
As he suspects, the lowering the vehicle is likely be biggest impact. That may be great on roads or light snow but that will have a big impact on deep snow as he saw. Second is the tires. While Scorpion Winters are decent, they are far from amazing, especially in deep snow performance. Compare those to a set of Nokians or even Blizzaks in the snow and it would be night and day (I've driven both on a q7 as my friend has the Scorpion's). I've had my q7 with adaptive suspension in 15"+ of snow with Hakkapeliitta R2SUVs with no issues.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
As he suspects, the lowering the vehicle is likely be biggest impact. That may be great on roads or light snow but that will have a big impact on deep snow as he saw. Second is the tires. While Scorpion Winters are decent, they are far from amazing, especially in deep snow performance. Compare those to a set of Nokians or even Blizzaks in the snow and it would be night and day (I've driven both on a q7 as my friend has the Scorpion's). I've had my q7 with adaptive suspension in 15"+ of snow with Hakkapeliitta R2SUVs with no issues.
i want to go R2 or R3 next winter. I'm pretty sure the Q will be a beast with them
Old 03-01-2019, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
i concur. Although lowering brought so much fun(even on snowy HWY could push faster, confidently somewhat ) still have mental blackeye from being stuck ridiculously in parking lot snowbanks&co... will go back next week to restore confidence, i hope. Or else, now.... will report back.Pirelli Scorpion winters are indeed just so and so. Surprisingly they chose them for the Urus Lambo (CD test). Again, wide and lowered, not good in major snowfall events.

Cheers Gents,
We're still riding awesome platforms,

Bob

PS: i was in individual mode(Dynamic), but i don't think Offroad mode would've made any difference.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That might just be one definition for heaven! Nice pic.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m running Pirelli winter in 295/40/21 on 21x10.5 Vossen wheels.

Lowered on links but would raise car up using off-road mode if I ever got stuck.

Q7 is a champ during a brutal Minnesota winter
Old 03-02-2019, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
i want to go R2 or R3 next winter. I'm pretty sure the Q will be a beast with them
R3s and you'll never get stuck unless your car is buried. They're also nicely quiet on the highway. You can even get them at Amazon now.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Winte tires really bring Quattro to life. I was happy with my Pilot Alpin PA4s. I am even happier with my Bluearth V905s

Quick Reply: Quattro sno!