Rear Sun Shade doesn't roll back down and unused seatbelt tension is weak - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > Rear Sun Shade doesn't roll back down and unused seatbelt tension is weak
Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Rear Sun Shade doesn't roll back down and unused seatbelt tension is weak

Old 12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Rear Sun Shade doesn't roll back down and unused seatbelt tension is weak

I know warranty will cover this, but almost thinking it can just wait a year until the 10K service. I always have the sunshades up and in use, but upon washing my car this weekend noticed that the sunshade doesn't retract fully. There is not enough tension, and it just hangs there with about 10" to go before being fully retracted.

Anyone else experience this?

Although not defective, I also noticed that all the seatbelts don't have really tight tension when fully retracted and not in use. Although they retract fully, driving with the windows open causes the seatbelts to move around (the ones not in use) quite a bit. Probably just normal? It doesn't hang from not being retracted, but the buckle sways as the seatbelts are not very tight. Unusual as all other cars I have driven (all non Audis), retract nice and tight .
Old 12-07-2017, 02:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue with the rear sunshade on an 01/16 built 2017 Q7. The sunshade was replaced under warranty.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:32 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Member

I know it can be a pain in the neck to bring it in for service. But I wouldn't wait a year until the 10K service, I would bring it in now / when it's convenient.

And while you're there have them check the seatbelt tension. Although I don't think it's an issue (mine are as you described) while you're in for service have them check it. You never know.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i agree with the seat belt tension. I feel like they are constantly getting banged on the pillars.