Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Recall: Fuel Rail

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skymasterztl
Thanks, this is actually a very good explanation. It has a clean carfax with one local owner that bought it in my hometown and traded it back in here. I think the front lower passenger fender was removed and painted. Someone literally left all (9) fastener clips off underneath. I really hope they didn't actually hit something while parking, the car has a multiple cameras and sensors. Totally unrelated, there was a Korean children's CD in the player when we turned it on.
I would want a meeting with the dealership's GM and ask to involve AoA...it will be better if the dealership helps with this
Old 04-01-2019, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I was referring to the overreaction to the one bad story (yours). Obviously it seems your car had other issues going on that were undisclosed. Most of the fuel rail recalls have been performed well
They delivered my Q7 today with not so much as a service write up to explain what they did. I had to play phone tag for 2 days to speak with the service advisor and get an explanation of what happened to my car. A bolt/nut? along the fuel line was over torqued causing a fracture that grew as it was driven. OR it was a faulty recall piece shipped from Audi. I have run out of steam emailing and calling AoA with no response and dealing with this dealership. Still no response from AoA so I'll assume my experience is just status quo. I'm pacified to have the car back at this point but far from how I expected to feel buying a "premium" brand. Buying my GTI from a VW dealer was an exponentially better experience. VW let me down when they stopped exporting the Taureg to the U.S.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

My recall was finished Friday along with the camera software update and 20,000 mile service. No fuel smell and no other issues. The SQ5 loaner was great too.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is 2018 Q7 but I haven't got the recall.
Does it take turns to call the owner?
Old 04-09-2019, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Got 2017 Q7 3.0 and car fax mentioned this recall and they easily did the recall fix before delivering the car Guess I'm lucky when I bought since if I bought a couple months earlier sounds like would have had the issue with a fix available..
Old 04-10-2019, 02:33 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jet963
Mine is 2018 Q7 but I haven't got the recall.
Does it take turns to call the owner?
You can check for recalls and TSB's for your vehicle on the Audi website, just type in your VIN..

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
Old 04-10-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JT4
You can check for recalls and TSB's for your vehicle on the Audi website, just type in your VIN..

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
I checked my VIN and it said there is no current recall?
Doesn't 2018 Q7 have fuel rail issue?
Anyone else has 2018 model but got the recall?
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jet963
I checked my VIN and it said there is no current recall?
Doesn't 2018 Q7 have fuel rail issue?
Anyone else has 2018 model but got the recall?
When googling audi fuel recall, the first result I see is Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...g-fuel-system/

That says, "2016 to 2018 Q7 SUVs built from Aug. 30, 2015, through Jan. 24, 2018." If your car was built between those dates and you are sure it hasn't already been fixed on your car, then yes it looks like you would need it fixed too. But you can check your vin here to confirm: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. Audi maybe slower to updating their own recall notification site perhaps?
Old 04-10-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCraft
When googling audi fuel recall, the first result I see is Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...g-fuel-system/

That says, "2016 to 2018 Q7 SUVs built from Aug. 30, 2015, through Jan. 24, 2018." If your car was built between those dates and you are sure it hasn't already been fixed on your car, then yes it looks like you would need it fixed too. But you can check your vin here to confirm: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. Audi maybe slower to updating their own recall notification site perhaps?
I got my car at 12/2017 so it seems should get the recall, but it doesn't show in NHTSA checking either.
Maybe audi slow to updating the recall like you said.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm scanning this thread tonight because I just discovered a huge gas leak pouring out from the middle of the engine compartment. Last night, I smelled fuel, but couldn't find anything. It seems it doesn't leak (or leak badly) when it's off, but as soon as I start it, it pours. I checked open recalls on NHTSA and it says there are none for my car. I wonder if the PO had it done, but it failed again? Anyhow, I think you're right not to wait. So dangerous!

Quick Reply: Recall: Fuel Rail