Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Recall: Fuel Rail

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suanccd
The dealer fixed the fuel rail recall on my 2017 Q7, when I sent it yesterday for 30k service.
I didn't have a problem with my '17 Q7 UNTIL they performed the recall. Within 2 days the fuel smell was overpowering inside and out, then the car went dead on me in the middle of the road. A week ago today and they still have it in the shop.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skymasterztl
I didn't have a problem with my '17 Q7 UNTIL they performed the recall. Within 2 days the fuel smell was overpowering inside and out, then the car went dead on me in the middle of the road. A week ago today and they still have it in the shop.
Unreal, have you spoken with AoA?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Unreal, have you spoken with AoA?
Indirectly on this matter. The kicker is that I purchased this car less than a month ago CPO. They let me drive it for a few days to sell me, and it performed flawlessly with a clean carfax. I turned it in for them to complete the CPO inspection and perform this recall. Both were done poorly and the consumer purchase survey I filed out for AoA listed every detail of my experience along with my contact info. I dont know what recourse if any, I have, unless it is deemed a lemon. I doubt that is the case but this is extremely frustrating nonetheless.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Indirectly on this matter. The kicker is that I purchased this car less than a month ago CPO. They let me drive it for a few days to sell me, and it performed flawlessly with a clean carfax. I turned it in for them to complete the CPO inspection and perform this recall. Both were done poorly and the consumer purchase survey I filed out for AoA listed every detail of my experience along with my contact info. I dont know what recourse if any, I have, unless it is deemed a lemon. I doubt that is the case but this is extremely frustrating nonetheless.
The fact they caused and sent you home with a potentially serious safety issue and for the very same recall they were supposed to be addressing, is what I found unreal and to contact AoA. Either way sounds like a new dealer/service dept might be in order

Last edited by RJC 1; 03-24-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:18 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I just rec'd my notice over the weekend.. Planning to call the dealer today..
Old 03-25-2019, 04:19 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^ This right here is the kind of stuff that always worries me, collateral damage.. They repair one thing and screw something else up, went through this with MB years ago...
Old 03-25-2019, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

A little overreaction here folks. Many of us have had our recall done just recently and have had no issues, and this is a brand new poster. Poster states that the vehicle was flawless and he even drove it for days before buying, so how was anyone being deceptive? And the recall has just come out in recent weeks. I'm sure a tech screwed up the recall, but that happens. Take it back, get it fixed
Old 03-25-2019, 06:08 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

^ I understand, no overreaction from me.. Only stating the fact that in the past after having a vehicle in for service after getting it back I had issues with something else.. Few examples, after having MB replace a steering collar years ago they forgot a bushing and it knocked like crazy.. Another time after replacing brakes they scuffed the face of one of my rims... Lucky for me they took pictures which clearly showed perfect wheels before going in..
Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Having the condition actually created by the work the TSB was supposed to address is pretty bad especially when its fire/safety related.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Dealer = bad. Audi = uninvolved in this one, except to issue the recall. And, of course, the need for the recall to begin with. So there's that.

Last edited by Doc H; 03-25-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Recall: Fuel Rail