Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Recall: Fuel Rail

Old 03-25-2019, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
Having the condition actually created by the work the TSB was supposed to address is pretty bad especially when its fire/safety related.
Yes, likely a dumb tech. Most of us have not had this happen to us
Old 03-25-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My SA seemed to be more interested in pushing that fuel induction service every 20k miles than performing the fuel rail recall.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by htd4555 View Post
My SA seemed to be more interested in pushing that fuel induction service every 20k miles than performing the fuel rail recall.
fuel induction service? you mean fuel injector cleaning? if you are running decent gasoline you should not be seeing injector issues... if you are worried throw a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank next time you fill up...
Old 03-26-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What is that?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

He strongly recommended the fuel induction service which was supposed to clean up carbon deposit every 20k miles. The car has absolutely no sight of any engine problem and regularly achieves 27.5 MPG driving on the highway.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

He strongly recommended the fuel induction service which was supposed to clean up carbon deposit every 20k miles. The car has absolutely no sight of any engine problem and regularly achieves 27.5 MPG driving on the highway.
Scam artist
Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by discogone View Post
I had the recall done today, and here are the details:
PERFORM RECALL "24DP" FUEL RAILS
1044 W
1 06E-198-201-B REP.SET
6 06E-998-906 REPAIR KIT
1 G-013-A8J-1G COOL.ADD.
PERFORMED 24DP; REPLACED LEFT AND RIGHT LOW PRESSURE FUEL RAILS.

I guess "COOL.ADD." could be some coolant was added.

In addition, my Q7 also had the leaking water pump and it was fixed last month.
Looks similar to mine but not identical, hopefully the minor differences don't matter? The coolant part number is drastically different.
Here is what mine said:

Cause: PERFORM CAMPAIGN 24DP CRITERIA 4M
Correction: performed CAMPAIGN 24DP CRITERIA 4M and test drove vehicle.

VW06E-198-201-B REP.SET
VW06E-998-906 REPAIR KIT
VWG-013-A8J-S0 COOL.ADD.

I also asked them to look at my water pump for leaks (I sometimes smell a somewhat sweet/chemical smell), they said they could not see any leaks or reproduce the smell:

Cause: c/s smells a strong sweet smell/ unsure if it is coming from outside or inside
Correction: INSPECTED THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT FOR ANY SINGS OF FLUID LEAKS AND DID NOT FIND ANY AT THIS TIME. INSPECTED THE AIR CONDITIONER VENTILATION SYSTEM AND DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING SWEET AS DESCRIBED BY THE CUSTOMER. TEST DROVE VEHICLE WITH A/C ON AND DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING ABNORMAL. VEHICLE IS OPERATING NORMALLY AT THIS TIME.

Last edited by keith.d; 03-26-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by keith.d View Post
Looks similar to mine but not identical, hopefully the minor differences don't matter? The coolant part number is drastically different.
Here is what mine said:

Cause: PERFORM CAMPAIGN 24DP CRITERIA 4M
Correction: performed CAMPAIGN 24DP CRITERIA 4M and test drove vehicle.

VW06E-198-201-B REP.SET
VW06E-998-906 REPAIR KIT
VWG-013-A8J-S0 COOL.ADD.

I also asked them to look at my water pump for leaks (I sometimes smell a somewhat sweet/chemical smell), they said they could not see any leaks or reproduce the smell:

Cause: c/s smells a strong sweet smell/ unsure if it is coming from outside or inside
Correction: INSPECTED THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT FOR ANY SINGS OF FLUID LEAKS AND DID NOT FIND ANY AT THIS TIME. INSPECTED THE AIR CONDITIONER VENTILATION SYSTEM AND DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING SWEET AS DESCRIBED BY THE CUSTOMER. TEST DROVE VEHICLE WITH A/C ON AND DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING ABNORMAL. VEHICLE IS OPERATING NORMALLY AT THIS TIME.
I would harp on this... I was smelling candy from the day of delivery and overlooked it. 1500 miles later they did an oil change and found the coolant pump gasket leaking. There is a separate thread here on it and it has been pretty common...
Old 03-27-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Had a coolant leak in a new xkr, complained about it a few times but they never found anything until the fifth time and finally they noticed the leak/seepage replaced the water pump and all was good. FYI trans fluid smells similar when burning/heated
Old 03-27-2019, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GBMILTON View Post
Where and what is the fuel rail? Anyway to check this out on our own?
FIRE hazard and they have the recall but NOT YET ! That's a big WTF!
The fuel rails are located under the turbocharger of the vehicle and I would not recommend going and messing with it to try and check it yourself Audi has so many connectors in their engine bays. Fuel rails delivers the correct amount of fuel to each cylinder. I work for Audi the recall should be available now we are doing them already

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall: Fuel Rail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: