Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Road / tire feedback suddenly in pedal & steering wheel, any ideas?

Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Road / tire feedback suddenly in pedal & steering wheel, any ideas?

I have the 21" RS wheels and As many of you know had a set of Conti DWS06 all seasons put on to replace my very fast worn OEM Contisport contact5. The new tires have been on about 2k miles and up till recently very smooth and perfectly happy. I am suddenly getting an unpleasant tire rotation feedback feel in both the steering wheel and accelerator pedal / floor board. It's not a shimmy like an unbalanced tire feel and is not at all speed specific (all speeds). I drive the same roads every day, nothing had happend that would cause any front end issues, and tires look good with wear indicators all in line w were they should be and tire pressure correct (cold checked and per specs on door). It's like I have lost that buttery smooth refined feel I had w the old tires and even w the new ones up till now. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
I have the 21" RS wheels and As many of you know had a set of Conti DWS06 all seasons put on to replace my very fast worn OEM Contisport contact5. The new tires have been on about 2k miles and up till recently very smooth and perfectly happy. I am suddenly getting an unpleasant tire rotation feedback feel in both the steering wheel and accelerator pedal / floor board. It's not a shimmy like an unbalanced tire feel and is not at all speed specific (all speeds). I drive the same roads every day, nothing had happend that would cause any front end issues, and tires look good with wear indicators all in line w were they should be and tire pressure correct (cold checked and per specs on door). It's like I have lost that buttery smooth refined feel I had w the old tires and even w the new ones up till now. Any ideas? Thanks!
I got the same problem after going offroad. Dirt was on inside of the rims. It is not so easy to wash it off, so got to remove wheels from car to wash inside of rims.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

And check you haven't lost a wheel weight.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys. Def no dirt build up inside rims, I keep them clean as outside (haha). No weights appear to be missing, but passenger front does have 15 weights on it so perhaps a recheck of the balance is in order.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Thanks guys. Def no dirt build up inside rims, I keep them clean as outside (haha). No weights appear to be missing, but passenger front does have 15 weights on it so perhaps a recheck of the balance is in order.
might be a wheel bearing issue!!??!!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/has-anyone-replaced-bearing-yet-2924010/