Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Roof top Cargo Boxes

Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

@Gassermd:
Did you use these:
Thule AeroBlade Edge 7604B (the only difference I think is that these are all black)
Thanks...I need one before labor day!
Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kidentist View Post
@Gassermd:
Did you use these:
Thule AeroBlade Edge 7604B (the only difference I think is that these are all black)
Yah that sounds right. Luckily we have rack attack so I just went there and told put the black aero blades on LOL. the part number sounds familiar from invoice. The front and back are two different sizes/ part numbers, so be sure to get both the front and rear one. I you go to the thule website it will tell you exactly which parts you want. Also would recommend the locks for the bars.
I took the car on a trip to sun river which is about 3-4 hours away and through some mountainous area and got pretty good mileage out of the car- about 22-25mpg depending if I was going 60 or 80 MPH heheh.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gassermd View Post
Yah that sounds right. Luckily we have rack attack so I just went there and told put the black aero blades on LOL. the part number sounds familiar from invoice. The front and back are two different sizes/ part numbers, so be sure to get both the front and rear one. I you go to the thule website it will tell you exactly which parts you want. Also would recommend the locks for the bars.
I took the car on a trip to sun river which is about 3-4 hours away and through some mountainous area and got pretty good mileage out of the car- about 22-25mpg depending if I was going 60 or 80 MPH heheh.

Aeroblades and Thule XL
I had 4 adults and 3 kids in the car with box fixed and filled with luggage, got 10l/100km mileage. Left 2 adults, 2 kids and the box with my brother and rode back home, and my fuel economy improved to 8.3l/100km
Old 07-31-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kidentist View Post
@Gassermd:
Did you use these:
Need Aeroblade 7603B and 7604B (plus Thule Fit Kit KIT3145 to mount them)
https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/fit-m...ks&q=mxYPK79rz

This is my own setup + Thule Motion XT XL(found a used-but-good box on Craigslist, at 1/2 OEM price)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

THANK YOU guys !!!!!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post

Thanks. No, they are Thule Aeroblades.
Just purchased a Q7 and have a previous cargo box. What's the consensus on cross bars? OEM or Thule Aeroblades?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Brushdaily View Post
Just purchased a Q7 and have a previous cargo box. What's the consensus on cross bars? OEM or Thule Aeroblades?
They are functionally pretty similar and priced pretty close to each other. My personal preference is Thule Aeroblades because of the color (black) and their appearance.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's highly personal, but I think going Thule (or Yakima) would give you the most flexibility when switching car/suv in the future.

But with that, I'm a fan of the Thule bars:

Best looking for a more custom look: Thule AeroBlade Edge
Most flexibility for future reuse: Thule AeroBlade

In both cases, the black bars looks best if you have the Black Optic package.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dohturdima View Post
They are functionally pretty similar and priced pretty close to each other. My personal preference is Thule Aeroblades because of the color (black) and their appearance.
Guys,

Its a big price difference between the 2, specially if you buy the locks. Audi racks (which come with the locks) can be bought for $350 - $370, new from any of the Ebay sellers and the Thule kits are $569 without the locks. Locks are an additional $60.

Last edited by jrtouareg; 08-08-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Aeroblades + lock kit cost me $400 total. Granted, I bought all three separatetely on Ebay, but you can find deals unless not willing to wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roof top Cargo Boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: