Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

RSE after delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gani
Actually its 95k in euros. Which is much more in USD. i have no idea why european q7 is so much more expensive than in usa.
Now that you mention the price, I now recall some youtube reviews talking of $100k euros pricing. Wow is all I can say. Maybe its taxes or tariff's driving the price? Possibly cheaper here due to competition?
Old 08-16-2016, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gani
The way my dealer put it is......i can not now add the tablets because thete is some hardwiring that the factory had to do in order for the car to accept the tablets. The reason i didnt order the tablets or the preparation is because i thought the tablets are connected to the car wirelessly. I will not want to use the dvd players ..... i did not even want mount the tablet behind the seats. So i really dont understand why i cant just buy the tablets and have them functioning normally wirelessly. The only thing i will have to solve is how to charge the batteries. But my question is..... do the tablets really need to be mounted to the back seats? If i just buy the tablets as a stand alone set...can they not function normally without all the extra preparations being talked about by my dealer?
Actually, that is a good question? I would guess that you probably could buy the tablets and they would just work fine wireless. The one problem is charging the tablets. The RSE mounts charge the tablets. So, you would have to figure that out.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Actually, that is a good question? I would guess that you probably could buy the tablets and they would just work fine wireless. The one problem is charging the tablets. The RSE mounts charge the tablets. So, you would have to figure that out.
If that is the only problem then i am sure it is easily fixable. I was just led to believe that if you do not prepare the car to accept the tablets then you are doomed. They wont work
Old 08-17-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You can charge the RSE's via usb.

However, if you don't need the integrated features...why spend an exorbitant amount of money on outdate gadgets? There's nothing that an ordinary tablet can't do better.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Beeg
You can charge the RSE's via usb.

However, if you don't need the integrated features...why spend an exorbitant amount of money on outdate gadgets? There's nothing that an ordinary tablet can't do better.
I am in europe. We get the new updated tablets here...
Old 08-18-2016, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Beeg
why spend an exorbitant amount of money on outdate gadgets?
He is now at the 'spending' chapter. He already spent a lot of money on that car, and the extra fee for RSE is tiny comparing to the total cost of the car. He is upset that he forgot about this detail because it is very hard to get it afterwards. I am sure this wouldn't be a problem it occurred at any other time in the future, but it occurred now, when his car is being built.

I have already 'been there'; I know how it feels.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

What mistake did you make silkworm? My mistake is so painful because it is so annoying because it only needed $150 to install the wires.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, on several occasions, I rushed out to buy cars that didn't have some options that I didn't even know they existed at that time, but afterwards I learned about them and found out that they could have been very useful.

I wasn't properly informed at the time I bought the cars. I should have done my research better.

I even asked myself, at some point: "Why didn't the manufacturer think of that?!", just to find out that the manufacturer did indeed think of that, but I just wasn't aware of.

E.g.: when I was on the highway and I turned on cruise control, I was upset that I had to reactivate the cruise control each time I had to brake, so I was thinking that it would have been very nice if the car could adapt the speed to the car in front of it, so it wasn't necessary to apply brakes as much, and thus it wasn't necessary to reactivate CC as many times. Well, the manufacturer developed ACC, I just didn't know at the time I bought the car.

If it helps you to feel better, we are not the only ones who made such mistake.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bump....

If anyone ever sees this thread in future and has a solution for me...please do help. Will be waiting.n