Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Run flat tire mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pederson
how are the Perelli’s holding up?
Pirelli 20” RFT wear on mine @9,500 miles is ok wth some feathering on front edges. Dealer told me GY RFT tires are known issue and I would push for free warranty replacement to Pirelli if I were you. I will not be replacing RFTs however as I can’t stand the ride. Going with conventional radial when time comes.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mnaps
Pirelli 20” RFT wear on mine @9,500 miles is ok wth some feathering on front edges. Dealer told me GY RFT tires are known issue and I would push for free warranty replacement to Pirelli if I were you. I will not be replacing RFTs however as I can’t stand the ride. Going with conventional radial when time comes.
i have gotten 42k out of 20s. Still going
Old 12-01-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by baltfan
i have gotten 42k out of 20s. Still going
wow! I wish I had a more current picture of my good year’s. It’s at the dealer. I asked them to please contact Audi or the tire maker. I don’t feel I should buy new tires. I can’t believe mine would be the only ones doing this...
Old 12-02-2017, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem as Pederson

Originally Posted by Pederson
wow! I wish I had a more current picture of my good year’s. It’s at the dealer. I asked them to please contact Audi or the tire maker. I don’t feel I should buy new tires. I can’t believe mine would be the only ones doing this...

we we have the same issue on our Q7. They offered 25% off new tires. We have 28k miles on them. Did you get anything from the dealer? They say here is no warranty and the discount is a courtesy but I thought they were 50k rated tires. Still checking on that.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goodyear Tires Chunking out Pieces

I have the same problem with my Goodyear Run Flats chunking out pieces. Supposedly if you discover this problem before one year or 12k miles then Audi will cover the issue. I'm at 19k miles so the bulletin doesn't apply. The dealer is willing to purchase 2 tires and I have to purchase 2 since the replacements *have* to be Pirelli according to Audi and I don't want mismatched tires. I will post pics shortly. I'm not happy with this outcome and plan on opening a case with Audi America.

** edit ** forgot to add the each tire costs about $500 mounted and balanced
Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default 38k on my Goodyear RF and replaced

I probably could have gotten a few more months but winter is coming.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:50 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Lominick
we we have the same issue on our Q7. They offered 25% off new tires. We have 28k miles on them. Did you get anything from the dealer? They say here is no warranty and the discount is a courtesy but I thought they were 50k rated tires. Still checking on that.
Originally Posted by mwoc
I have the same problem with my Goodyear Run Flats chunking out pieces. Supposedly if you discover this problem before one year or 12k miles then Audi will cover the issue. I'm at 19k miles so the bulletin doesn't apply. The dealer is willing to purchase 2 tires and I have to purchase 2 since the replacements *have* to be Pirelli according to Audi and I don't want mismatched tires. I will post pics shortly. I'm not happy with this outcome and plan on opening a case with Audi America.

** edit ** forgot to add the each tire costs about $500 mounted and balanced
Forget the dealer, you need to contact the tire manufacturer directly and file a complaint with them. When you call to explain the the issue keep repeating that you don't feel safe driving on these tires. They will give you a case number and ask you to have the tires inspected by a certified tire shop who will take tread depth readings, pictures, record your mileage and write down the DOT numbers from the sidewall of each tire.

The tire shop will pass this info onto the tire manufacturer and approx a week later either the manufacturer or the tire shop will contact you with their decision. If they don't replace the tires in full, at the very least they will prorate the tires based on the mileage.

By some strange chance the manufacturer comes back to you and claims the tires are wearing fine for their mileage, tell them you want them to reconsider since you don't feel safe having your family drive on these tires. i would be shocked if they didn't do anything.

And since you will be using an independent tire shop it will cost you a lot less than buying tires through the dealer even if you have to pay a prorated portion..

Good Luck..
Old 12-08-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kdkrone
That sounds encouraging, Wisconsin Q7. (Which model Goodyear comes with the Q7?)
Goodyear Eagle Sport 285/45R20 112H XL AS Run Flat