Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

S-Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why stop at s line...europrice have the flat bottom sq7 steering wheel
Yes, why not use the SQ7 wheel?

It's amazing that Audi cannot design a steering wheel with flat bottom and heated.
Agreed, how difficult is it to change the shape of a heated wheel lol
Old 04-17-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
It's amazing that Audi cannot design a steering wheel with flat bottom and heated.
Lmao...
Old 04-17-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
They obviously can. Do we know there is no steering wheel with both?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
They obviously can. Do we know there is no steering wheel with both?
i have never seen a heated flat bottom with audi
Old 04-19-2018, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Bumping this thread up ... i am about to order from EuroPrice and want to make sure it is a direct replacement... My Audi dealer wanted $495 to install, but my local Audi/german/exotic independent shop with a great reputation said they would do it for $175. It looks pretty simple based on that youtube video... i just wanted to see if anyone has actually done this mod yet.

Or is there a better Audi tiller that is a direct bolt-on now?? Want a thick and flat bottom model.

Thanks in advance!
dave
Old 04-20-2018, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Bumping this thread up ... i am about to order from EuroPrice and want to make sure it is a direct replacement... My Audi dealer wanted $495 to install, but my local Audi/german/exotic independent shop with a great reputation said they would do it for $175. It looks pretty simple based on that youtube video... i just wanted to see if anyone has actually done this mod yet.

Or is there a better Audi tiller that is a direct bolt-on now?? Want a thick and flat bottom model.

Thanks in advance!
dave
Yes it’s a direct bolt on. It can be done at home but can be a little frustrating. Though it’s three tools, popping off the airbag can be a bit difficult the first time one does. I’d say try at home first to save some cash.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks neat to do, yet I'm actually looking to get a heated steering wheel. My Q7 has the warm weather package, but not the cold weather package.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have replaced a Mini steering wheel and a BMW X5 steering wheel. It's not difficult, it just takes patience. I cannot stress enough how important it is to disconnect the battery. You don't want to screw around with the airbag, which is essentially a small explosive that can do significant damage, especially if your face is right in front of it while trying to remove it from the wheel. On both the BMW & the Mini, I had to use 2 screwdrivers to move a metal catch on each side to release the airbag. That took great patience. It also takes courage, as you are going to put small holes into the back side of the steering wheel (assuming the Q7 process is the same as my experience). It was difficult to break the seal on the bolt holding the X5 wheel onto the car. That also too great patience. The Mini was quite easy. All told, this is a relatively easy mod as long as you take your time. I'd set aside 60-90 minutes. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK, just watched the video above (note to self, do that next time prior to posting a reply) and this looks relatively easy compared to my experience above. Using a phone as a mirror and to document the procedure so you put things back together the same way is a great pro tip!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for a heated steering wheel if anyone knows of one, or does this replacement to a flat bottom one. PM me!

Quick Reply: S-Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel