Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

S Line Version coming to North America?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S Line Version coming to North America?

Hi guys,

Do any of you know if they will be offering the S line version of the Q7 this year or are they skipping that entirely for the SQ7?

I'm a current 2012 Q7 Premium Plus owner and thinking about trading up but I want the S Line accessories (badging, seat badging, Steering Wheel, graphite 5 star 21" rims..etc..) in the Sepang Blue with the gray interior.

I have it all "Konfigurated" on the Audi German site

When will the "Audi exclusive order" option be available?

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 02-03-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I attended an Audi Club event at VW/Audi NA HQ near Dulles airport last summer for an introduction of the Q7. They had two versions at the event, both European models. The intro was done by the Q7 product manager and when we asked him what would be different between the models we were looking at and the US version, one of the things he mentioned was there would be no S-line version in the US. He felt most of the S-Line features were already available in other packages and that he liked the looks of the non-S better than the S-Line, so he decided not to bring it over. I guess time and dealer feedback could change that but based on what he said, I would expect to see it in the 2017 model year.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ariel Deleon
Hi guys,

Do any of you know if they will be offering the S line version of the Q7 this year or are they skipping that entirely for the SQ7?

I'm a current 2012 Q7 Premium Plus owner and thinking about trading up but I want the S Line accessories (badging, seat badging, Steering Wheel, graphite 5 star 21" rims..etc..) in the Sepang Blue with the gray interior.

I have it all "Konfigurated" on the Audi German site

When will the "Audi exclusive order" option be available?

Thanks!
If you add night assistant package through audiusa.com build page, you get different exterior, which pretty close to s-line
Old 02-03-2016, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the replies.

I'll probably just wait for the "Audi Exclusive Order" option to be available and order a prestige in Sepang Blue then order the S-line badging and flat bottomed wheel separately.

The Audi product manager is correct that there isn't a performance difference between the S line and the prestige. It's all aesthetics which is what I'd like to be able to order if I'm coughing up 70k+ for a car.

My prediction is that all that will come with the SQ7 and it's 400+ HP engine when they release it.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ariel Deleon
Thanks for the replies.

I'll probably just wait for the "Audi Exclusive Order" option to be available and order a prestige in Sepang Blue then order the S-line badging and flat bottomed wheel separately.

The Audi product manager is correct that there isn't a performance difference between the S line and the prestige. It's all aesthetics which is what I'd like to be able to order if I'm coughing up 70k+ for a car.

My prediction is that all that will come with the SQ7 and it's 400+ HP engine when they release it.
Very few models are/become available with "Exclusive Order" options. I wouldn't count on that. However, I do think they will bring the S-line styling option back hopefully by next year. Even then though, I doubt you will be able to get that color. Let's hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm with you, Ariel. Audi exclusive is available for most models, it is embargoed on the Q7 at the moment... Hope that changes soon.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's strange that the S Line is available in Canada. We just ordered out 2017 Q7 with S Line and in Daytona Grey Pearl Effect Paint (a color unique to the S Line). At least in Canada, I can confirm the S Line is just appearance. You get 20" wheels, S line roof spoiler, black headliner, 285/45 run flat tires and S Line door sills, front and rear bumpers and side blades. I'm pretty sure we don't get a flat bottomed steering wheel. It's a pretty inexpensive upgrade at Cdn. $1,000.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes I actually did configure a Candadian S Line as well and pricing wise it comes out cheaper than an american prestige with the options I wanted, however after paying the import tax etc..it'll come out the same if not more.

I probably would consider the hassle of doing all that if they had the Sepang Blue color scheme available

So the title of my post that asks if the S Line is coming to North America is technically incorrect lol. It is in North America...just not the US.

Originally Posted by Toronto_Audi
It's strange that the S Line is available in Canada. We just ordered out 2017 Q7 with S Line and in Daytona Grey Pearl Effect Paint (a color unique to the S Line). At least in Canada, I can confirm the S Line is just appearance. You get 20" wheels, S line roof spoiler, black headliner, 285/45 run flat tires and S Line door sills, front and rear bumpers and side blades. I'm pretty sure we don't get a flat bottomed steering wheel. It's a pretty inexpensive upgrade at Cdn. $1,000.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Daytona grey... that's all I want

Quick Reply: S Line Version coming to North America?