AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Sequential Tails (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/sequential-tails-2955992/)

2018Q7 08-18-2018 02:17 PM

Sequential Tails

Hi guys,

I am shocked that Ive seen the Q5 and A series cars on the road with the sequential rear turn signal, but my 2018 Q7 does not have it. The European versions have it as you all know. I know there was talk on the forum about how to obtain them...... new taillights or coding. Has anyone been successful in coding the existing ones? And, would it have to be through the gadget everyone has been using on the forum or could a skilled mechanic do it? I know Audi will not do it.

Warm Regards,

A

Eppieguy 08-19-2018 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2018Q7 (Post 25197572)
Hi guys,

I am shocked that Ive seen the Q5 and A series cars on the road with the sequential rear turn signal, but my 2018 Q7 does not have it. The European versions have it as you all know. I know there was talk on the forum about how to obtain them...... new taillights or coding. Has anyone been successful in coding the existing ones? And, would it have to be through the gadget everyone has been using on the forum or could a skilled mechanic do it? I know Audi will not do it.

Warm Regards,

A

They are totally different tail lights that have the sequential lights. Also unless you have the proper tool nobody can program it, only 1 tool that anybody knows of that works. I went to 3 differs performance Audi aftermarket shops and none of them had the tool.

2018Q7 08-19-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Eppieguy (Post 25197707)

They are totally different tail lights that have the sequential lights. Also unless you have the proper tool nobody can program it, only 1 tool that anybody knows of that works. I went to 3 differs performance Audi aftermarket shops and none of them had the tool.

I had a chat with StevenKong on this forum. He has a site www.4rings.us that stocks the lights and a retro cable to connect them. It seems to be the easiest solution. Cable is only 150$, and the lights are reasonable at 1500$. Ill go that route when Im ready to pull the trigger.

A

Eppieguy 08-19-2018 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2018Q7 (Post 25197745)
I had a chat with StevenKong on this forum. He has a site www.4rings.us that stocks the lights and a retro cable to connect them. It seems to be the easiest solution. Cable is only 150$, and the lights are reasonable at 1500$. Ill go that route when Im ready to pull the trigger.

A

you’ll still need to code the vehicle so they’ll work properly. Have you looked at Europrice website? It’s explained pretty extensively on that site.

2018Q7 08-19-2018 07:27 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did go to the site and checked it out.

A

bjc2974 08-20-2018 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Eppieguy (Post 25197771)

you’ll still need to code the vehicle so they’ll work properly. Have you looked at Europrice website? It’s explained pretty extensively on that site.

No actually you don’t need car to be coded. You can buy the modules (at extra cost) and install without coding.

BryonL 08-20-2018 12:31 AM

Almost looks as though the lights and kit mentioned on the 4rings site are possibly 2019 versions? Noting the red signal light as opposed to amber like rest-of-world would get. Perhaps there is a simpler plug n play way to get sequential I mean dynamic turn signals on the Q7’s...A, gonna try to install?

Alex@Europrice.us 08-20-2018 10:00 AM

Seems a tad silly to go to all the trouble of running wiring to both taillights or paying a shop to run the wiring when you can have a plug in setup for $25 more. No pulling additional trim parts, no running wiring, no futzing with BCM2 modules and plugs, no swapping plugs at the taillight.

Taillight Package Q7 Dynamic

The modules included make the installation as simple as replacing the taillights as they bridge the North American wiring to the Rest of World (Euro) taillights for a plug in fitment.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to let me know or PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Lectoid 08-20-2018 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us (Post 25198244)
Seems a tad silly to go to all the trouble of running wiring to both taillights or paying a shop to run the wiring when you can have a plug in setup for $25 more. No pulling additional trim parts, no running wiring, no futzing with BCM2 modules and plugs, no swapping plugs at the taillight.

Taillight Package Q7 Dynamic

The modules included make the installation as simple as replacing the taillights as they bridge the North American wiring to the Rest of World (Euro) taillights for a plug in fitment.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to let me know or PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Yes, but you do need to find someone with a VCP and knows how to use it if you want it to look right.

Alex@Europrice.us 08-20-2018 12:12 PM

Using VCP is highly recommended for setting the taillight parameters with these kits. VCP can be added to any of the taillight packages at a discount or find someone/shop locally that has VCP to perform the proper procedure. More shops have been purchasing VCP interfaces recently, though still not as widely used as VCDS which sadly cannot set the taillight parameters at the moment.

Cheers,