Sequential Tails - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sequential Tails

Reply

 
 
 
Old 08-18-2018, 02:17 PM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
2018Q7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Default Sequential Tails

Hi guys,

I am shocked that Ive seen the Q5 and A series cars on the road with the sequential rear turn signal, but my 2018 Q7 does not have it. The European versions have it as you all know. I know there was talk on the forum about how to obtain them...... new taillights or coding. Has anyone been successful in coding the existing ones? And, would it have to be through the gadget everyone has been using on the forum or could a skilled mechanic do it? I know Audi will not do it.

Warm Regards,


A
2018Q7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:00 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Eppieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,152
Default

Originally Posted by 2018Q7 View Post
Hi guys,

I am shocked that Ive seen the Q5 and A series cars on the road with the sequential rear turn signal, but my 2018 Q7 does not have it. The European versions have it as you all know. I know there was talk on the forum about how to obtain them...... new taillights or coding. Has anyone been successful in coding the existing ones? And, would it have to be through the gadget everyone has been using on the forum or could a skilled mechanic do it? I know Audi will not do it.

Warm Regards,


A
They are totally different tail lights that have the sequential lights. Also unless you have the proper tool nobody can program it, only 1 tool that anybody knows of that works. I went to 3 differs performance Audi aftermarket shops and none of them had the tool.
Eppieguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:24 AM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
2018Q7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Eppieguy View Post

They are totally different tail lights that have the sequential lights. Also unless you have the proper tool nobody can program it, only 1 tool that anybody knows of that works. I went to 3 differs performance Audi aftermarket shops and none of them had the tool.

I had a chat with StevenKong on this forum. He has a site www.4rings.us that stocks the lights and a retro cable to connect them. It seems to be the easiest solution. Cable is only 150$, and the lights are reasonable at 1500$. Ill go that route when Im ready to pull the trigger.

A
2018Q7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:03 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Eppieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,152
Default

Originally Posted by 2018Q7 View Post
I had a chat with StevenKong on this forum. He has a site www.4rings.us that stocks the lights and a retro cable to connect them. It seems to be the easiest solution. Cable is only 150$, and the lights are reasonable at 1500$. Ill go that route when Im ready to pull the trigger.

A
youíll still need to code the vehicle so theyíll work properly. Have you looked at Europrice website? Itís explained pretty extensively on that site.
Eppieguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:27 PM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
2018Q7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did go to the site and checked it out.

A
2018Q7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:28 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: N/A
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Eppieguy View Post

youíll still need to code the vehicle so theyíll work properly. Have you looked at Europrice website? Itís explained pretty extensively on that site.
No actually you donít need car to be coded. You can buy the modules (at extra cost) and install without coding.
bjc2974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:31 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bridgeport, Tx
Posts: 134
Default

Almost looks as though the lights and kit mentioned on the 4rings site are possibly 2019 versions? Noting the red signal light as opposed to amber like rest-of-world would get. Perhaps there is a simpler plug n play way to get sequential I mean dynamic turn signals on the Q7ís...A, gonna try to install?
BryonL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:00 AM
  #8  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,232
Default

Seems a tad silly to go to all the trouble of running wiring to both taillights or paying a shop to run the wiring when you can have a plug in setup for $25 more. No pulling additional trim parts, no running wiring, no futzing with BCM2 modules and plugs, no swapping plugs at the taillight.

Taillight Package Q7 Dynamic

The modules included make the installation as simple as replacing the taillights as they bridge the North American wiring to the Rest of World (Euro) taillights for a plug in fitment.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to let me know or PM/email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Alex@Europrice.us is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:04 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
Lectoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Asheville, NC USA
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Seems a tad silly to go to all the trouble of running wiring to both taillights or paying a shop to run the wiring when you can have a plug in setup for $25 more. No pulling additional trim parts, no running wiring, no futzing with BCM2 modules and plugs, no swapping plugs at the taillight.

Taillight Package Q7 Dynamic

The modules included make the installation as simple as replacing the taillights as they bridge the North American wiring to the Rest of World (Euro) taillights for a plug in fitment.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to let me know or PM/email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Yes, but you do need to find someone with a VCP and knows how to use it if you want it to look right.
Lectoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:12 PM
  #10  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,232
Default

Using VCP is highly recommended for setting the taillight parameters with these kits. VCP can be added to any of the taillight packages at a discount or find someone/shop locally that has VCP to perform the proper procedure. More shops have been purchasing VCP interfaces recently, though still not as widely used as VCDS which sadly cannot set the taillight parameters at the moment.

Cheers,
Alex@Europrice.us is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sequential Tails


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: