Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ship tracking MSC IMMACOLATA

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Ship tracking MSC IMMACOLATA

Is anyone else tracking the MSC IMMACOLATA? It is supposed to go to Davisville (with my car) and then to Jacksonville. But it looks like it went around some weather, and now it is south of Davisville latitude and on a direct heading for Jacksonville (even though the official destination has not changed). I'm wondering if it might be swapping its port order: Jacksonville first then Davisville.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife's Q7 is on that ship. The arrival date to Davisville has not changed from before it left until recently. I know it didn't go through the English Channel like most ships headed this way. Instead it was headed north. But how do you know it's headed to Jacksonville first? There is no way it will be on time in RI if it goes to FL first.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rf204
My wife's Q7 is on that ship. The arrival date to Davisville has not changed from before it left until recently. I know it didn't go through the English Channel like most ships headed this way. Instead it was headed north. But how do you know it's headed to Jacksonville first? There is no way it will be on time in RI if it goes to FL first.
You can track it on vesseltracker.com. You can track oceanic via satellite if you sign up for the satellite free trial membership (no credit card required).

It clearly went north around the British Islands due to high seas near the exit of the English Channel after it departed Emden. That could be seen with VesselTracker's Wave display.

The destination and the arrival date have not changed on vesseltracker since it left. The arrival time did slip about 12 hours though.

My thought of it going to Jacksonville first is pure speculation based on the fact that when it turned back more westerly on 3/30, its heading is pointed straight at Jacksonville and it has stayed on that heading until it is now well south of the latitude of Davisville. (About even with Richmond VA at this time.)

On top of that, VesselTracker's Wave display seems to be broken, so hard to see if it still going south around some high seas.

I don't know anything about shipping, so pretty much in the dark about what might be going on. But it does seems strange that it would continue that far south of Davisville without turning more westerly.

P.S. Do you have any other sources of info that I've not mentioned?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The attached graphic might explain it. Looks like high seas along the northern Eastern Seaboard. Vessel might be staying south of those high seas and planning to turn back north as the high seas move north. Who knows?
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So it looks like it has turned due west now and slowed way down. My guess is that it's making a break for the coast and slowed down for the heavy seas, then will turn north up the coast in lighter seas when it clears the heavy stuff. Totally just guessing.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Another update: It definitely turned west and now has turned northwest, much more on a heading for Davisville. ETA has been slipped to Apr 5th at 6am.