AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Some cosmetic issues (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/some-cosmetic-issues-2934407/)

jcolinzheng 10-09-2017 05:00 PM

Some cosmetic issues

2 Attachment(s)
I have had my ’18 Prestige for 3 weeks, and noticed 2 interior cosmetic issues:

1. In the 2nd row, one of the mat fixing studs is missing (see attachment). I did not expect such obvious assembly mistake on a 70k+ car.

2. MMI touchpad shows what looks like multiple layers of paint (see attachment). This is only noticeable at night with light coming from certain angles. Does anyone else have the same issue? Do you think dealer will be able to replace it?

Lectoid 10-10-2017 04:53 AM

Take it back to dealer asap before they start blaming you on abuse. Doubtful, but you hear horror stories.

The floor mat lug likely just "screws in". My BMW has similar for changing out the type of mat. Hooks for all season mats and velcro pad for carpet.

The MMI thing, have you tried any cleaners?

BigKutta 10-10-2017 05:32 AM

Yeah, get a new plug, should be an easy fix
Your MMI touch pad is shiny, whereas mine is mat finish (I have a '17). Are you sure there isnt a protective plastic layer that wasnt removed on delivery? Yours look too shiny to be the surface of the touch pad

JT4 10-10-2017 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25049510)
Yeah, get a new plug, should be an easy fix
Your MMI touch pad is shiny, whereas mine is mat finish (I have a '17). Are you sure there isnt a protective plastic layer that wasnt removed on delivery? Yours look too shiny to be the surface of the touch pad

I was thinking the same thing, in the pic to me it also looks like it has a protective plastic sheet over it similar to when you get a new cell phone.. I also have a 17 and the touch pad is matte and not shiny at all..

jcolinzheng 10-10-2017 06:33 PM

The MMI touch looks shiny because of the lighting. It does have a matte finish under day light. I tried scrubbing it but cannot feel any protective film; it's actually a smooth surface and I can't feel any unevenness.

I'll take it to a dealer sometime soon. Thanks folks for the info!

Katskill 11-28-2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jcolinzheng (Post 25049316)
I have had my ’18 Prestige for 3 weeks, and noticed 2 interior cosmetic issues:

1. In the 2nd row, one of the mat fixing studs is missing (see attachment). I did not expect such obvious assembly mistake on a 70k+ car.

2. MMI touchpad shows what looks like multiple layers of paint (see attachment). This is only noticeable at night with light coming from certain angles. Does anyone else have the same issue? Do you think dealer will be able to replace it?

I had read your post before I went to pick up my car and I checked out the touchpad to make sure there were no issues but it wasn't until later when the light hit it as you described that I noticed I had the exact same thing! It's smooth so you would never know it until the light exposed it. How did you leave things with your dealer?

jcolinzheng 11-28-2017 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Katskill (Post 25074496)
I had read your post before I went to pick up my car and I checked out the touchpad to make sure there were no issues but it wasn't until later when the light hit it as you described that I noticed I had the exact same thing! It's smooth so you would never know it until the light exposed it. How did you leave things with your dealer?

Dealer helped me realize that it's actually due to a weird reflection from the center console for climate control. I know it's hard to believe, but if you cover climate control's glass area with your hand (or a piece of paper), then the marks on MMI touchpad are gone. With that, I'm no longer concerned, but just feel weird that there is such reflection.

Gsrjc 11-28-2017 06:24 PM

Thanks for clarifying as mine had the same issue too.

Katskill 11-28-2017 09:17 PM

yes, thanks so much for sharing that--I couldn't figure out how I missed it at my inspection! Now I know. Phew, 1 less issue to worry about.

BigKutta 11-29-2017 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by jcolinzheng (Post 25074507)
Dealer helped me realize that it's actually due to a weird reflection from the center console for climate control. I know it's hard to believe, but if you cover climate control's glass area with your hand (or a piece of paper), then the marks on MMI touchpad are gone. With that, I'm no longer concerned, but just feel weird that there is such reflection.

LOL, thats too funny that it was a reflection.