Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

"Splendid Ace" boat problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
goodwood has left last i check like an hour ago..
Mine didn't make it on Goodwood :-/ Now waiting for Grand Cosmo (Oct 23) or Viking Queen (Oct 27).
Old 10-20-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hk007
Mine didn't make it on Goodwood :-/ Now waiting for Grand Cosmo (Oct 23) or Viking Queen (Oct 27).
i have a good feeling our cars are going to be on the same boat.. when i spoke to audi USA the CS can't tell me the vessel's name so probably is because is not loaded yet.. and she said that the car would arrive early nov at the dealership.. my dealer gave me an ETA of nov 13 for arrival.. and since your also in new jersey probably is going to go on the same truck.. lol
Old 10-21-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

i have a good feeling our cars are going to be on the same boat.. when i spoke to audi USA the CS can't tell me the vessel's name so probably is because is not loaded yet.. and she said that the car would arrive early nov at the dealership.. my dealer gave me an ETA of nov 13 for arrival.. and since your also in new jersey probably is going to go on the same truck.. lol
Yup it looks like it. I won't be surprised if your get on the boat before mine. I think you are 1 production week ahead of me. When did you get your production complete email? I got mine on Oct 2nd.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yup it looks like it. I won't be surprised if your get on the boat before mine. I think you are 1 production week ahead of me. When did you get your production complete email? I got mine on Oct 2nd.
Same either the 2nd or 3rd..
Old 10-22-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
My car vanished from my dealers site as well a few weeks ago. I recorded the vin and Audi USA on the other forum confirmed that it is my VIN. I'm just assuming this is normal and they removed it from the site as to not confuse potential customers calling about a bunch of cars not for sale. That's my theory.
I feel for all of you...I went through this agony last month as the boat sat off the coast for 3 days before docking and then sat in Davisville for another 4 days. My car appeared on my dealer's website as soon as there was a VIN # but with no price. Then one day it appeared with the price and I figured the car had arrived at the dealership so I called the dealer and he confirmed it was there. It's still on the website because I haven't picked it up yet...waiting for my appointment with Audi corporate to trade in my TDI. Sounds as though each dealer does it differently...
Old 10-23-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Katskill
I feel for all of you...I went through this agony last month as the boat sat off the coast for 3 days before docking and then sat in Davisville for another 4 days. My car appeared on my dealer's website as soon as there was a VIN # but with no price. Then one day it appeared with the price and I figured the car had arrived at the dealership so I called the dealer and he confirmed it was there. It's still on the website because I haven't picked it up yet...waiting for my appointment with Audi corporate to trade in my TDI. Sounds as though each dealer does it differently...
i can't even imagine how you feel right now knowing your car has arrived but you can't get it until you finish trading in your TDI..
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

so grand cosmo is the last boat should deliver my car before the nov 13 deadline.. it has left emden but now shows that is headed to bremerhaven, is that normal? isn't it supposed to head straight to the US coast?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, mrp0rky! It's been there 2 weeks now but I've resigned myself to just wait--only 1 more week. It will be worth the wait. Other reason it's so frustrating is b/c my 8 yr old TDI has no sound (blown amp), worn tires, no MMI (it died last week) and the engine light is permanently on. Other than that, the car is great!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

so grand cosmo is the last boat should deliver my car before the nov 13 deadline.. it has left emden but now shows that is headed to bremerhaven, is that normal? isn't it supposed to head straight to the US coast?
Did you find out if your Q7 made it on grand cosmo?
Old 10-24-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you find out if your Q7 made it on grand cosmo?
i just contacted the audi usa rep that help me with the info last time.. she's going to let me know later today.. it should be on the boat this week if it still want to arrive on time..