Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

Steering Wheel Off Center? - 2018 Q7 Prestige

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Steering Wheel Off Center? - 2018 Q7 Prestige

Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Off Center? - 2018 Q7 Prestige

Hey guys,

I have noticed the my new Q7 is never able to have the steering wheel in a relatively good center position. I have owned a 2014 Q5 and a 2014 A6 and have never had any steering problems. I wonder if it is an issue with the car I got. I only have 800 miles on the car and have not hit any potholes that could have caused a misalignment. Iím nervous to take this to the dealer. If they try to fix it I would be nervous that it could get worse. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, driver assistance package (adaptive cruise, active lane assistance, etc), no air suspension.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same issue (Q& 2018 Prestige), steering wheel has to be 2 degrees to the right for the car to go straight. took it to dealer to do an alignment but the Tech said it just needs wheel rotation which he did but that did not fix the problem! I still don't know what to do... Dealers don't want to do alignment because it takes 6-8 hours to do as they need to calibrate ACC afterwards.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

That would drive me nuts!
Old 11-16-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Your front toe is probably way off... pothole, loose nut, whatever. A dealer will probably want $3,000 to replace parts, or you could go to any old tire shop and get a $100 alignment ( simply adjusting the front toe via the tie rods). Your choice. I would probably just fix it in my garage with my two toe plates and a tape measure. 20 minutes.

Last edited by 911eric; 11-16-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

This is one of my pet peeves and drives me nuts. Happens often when you lower your car and wheel isn't centered before alignment gets done. Tougher these days with electronic steering as its very vague at low speeds.

Should be centered when on level surface but depending on the road crown, you may have the wheel slightly off to account for it. Either they align it for you or you can adjust the wheel a cog or two if they really can't fix.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's not normal at all. I had a Honda Passport (Isuzu Rodeo) that did this from day 1. It was annoying and the dealer could never fix it, so I held it off a few degrees for 8 years...LOL! I would create a stink about this while the Q is so new, so they cant blame you for causing this. Take it to the dealer asap and keep complaining
Old 11-16-2018, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same issue when I got the new car.
My dealer do alignment for me and it improved a little but doesn't fix all.
I drive to 8000 mile now and I get used to it....
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Same for my SQ7. Dealer tried to correct it by adjusting streering rods, but was a bit better and after 4k is the same as before. I found it on the first day of ownership.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that problem on my previous Grand Cherokee and they did a wheel alignment. That was covered under warranty. The issue started after they 'fixed' the sensor behind the windscreen for ACC.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I might have this too but we don't have roads that are straight enough for long distance or nice and smooth enough that I never have to correct the steering wheel so I kind of live with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Off Center? - 2018 Q7 Prestige

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: