Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Stereo volume when shutting down

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo volume when shutting down

In my 2017 Q7 Prestige, I usually listen to music and audiobooks on the way to work, via Google Music (Android Auto). When I arrive, I depress the volume control **** on the console and this shuts off the audio. However, as soon as I hit the ignition button to kill the engine, the audio switches to media (in my case, a CD that I have in the CD/DVD player) at VERY loud volume and I have to immediately hit the volume **** again to turn it off, or get out of the car -- opening and closing the car door also seems to kill the audio.

Is this a way to prevent this? Is it just the CD, or will the car launch other (loud!) audio sources when I shut off the ignition?

Many thanks.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by youngdoc
In my 2017 Q7 Prestige, I usually listen to music and audiobooks on the way to work, via Google Music (Android Auto). When I arrive, I depress the volume control **** on the console and this shuts off the audio. However, as soon as I hit the ignition button to kill the engine, the audio switches to media (in my case, a CD that I have in the CD/DVD player) at VERY loud volume and I have to immediately hit the volume **** again to turn it off, or get out of the car -- opening and closing the car door also seems to kill the audio.

Is this a way to prevent this? Is it just the CD, or will the car launch other (loud!) audio sources when I shut off the ignition?

Many thanks.
I am not sure if this helps - but you can adjust the volume for each individual radio/media source. For instance, radio has its own volume, SD card has its own, CD has its own, etc. Try to adjust your CD volume to a lower level and see if that solves your issue.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I too listen to audiobook, but do not notice the problem with volume change. I use BT most of the times. What bugs me is the volume reduction when entering parking mode, but it's not a big deal.

Yup - I like the different volume for diff sources. I have turned down the nav guidance lower because the default was annoyingly loud.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
What bugs me is the volume reduction when entering parking mode, but it's not a big deal..
You can adjust the entertainment volume when the parking sensors engage in the MMI:

Menu button > Vehicle > left control button > Driver Assistance > Parking Aid

or when Parking Mode is active:

Right Control button
Old 11-23-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
You can adjust the entertainment volume when the parking sensors engage in the MMI:
Menu button > Vehicle > left control button > Driver Assistance > Parking Aid
or when Parking Mode is active:
Right Control button
Thanks Rick! Will try this next time.