Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Sun Blinds

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sun Blinds

Has anyone bought the Sun Blinds? These are Audi OEM accessories and not part of the warm weather package.

They look like they are clipped on, but I'd like to know how. They seem to offer a cleaner, more custom solution, but why the heck are they so expensive?!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nhatman

Has anyone bought the Sun Blinds? These are Audi OEM accessories and not part of the warm weather package.

They look like they are clipped on, but I'd like to know how. They seem to offer a cleaner, more custom solution, but why the heck are they so expensive?!
I bought the 2-piece set (for 2nd row windows, 4M0-064-160-A), the one you posted is 3-piece set (which is for the 3rd row and rear windows, 4M0-064-160).

They are clipped on and removable. For the 2nd row blinds, they actually cover almost the entire window, much better than the one that built into the warm weather package (which leaves gaps around the edges).

I bought mine from ebay with great price comparing to the dealer.

For the 3-piece set, here is the seller I bought mine from:
Genuine 2015 Audi Q7 3 Piece Rear Sun Protection System 4M0-064-160 Visors | eBay

His listing also includes the picture of the instructions, so you can see how the blinds work before you buy it.

By the way, the seller got the parts from Europe, so the model year is 2015, which is the first year 4M Q7 outside the US. They will fit 2017 US models (I assume you are in the US).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by discogone; 01-29-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Discogone, thank you so much for the link to the ebay seller! There's a lot of info on there that helped me understand how they are attached. Also appreciate you pointing out the differences between the two sets. I was only looking for the two passenger windows (the one with the A at the end of the model number).

I do have a question about those adhesive clips: do you know if those can be removed safely? And are they unsightly if the shades/blinds aren't in place?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Discogone, thank you so much for the link to the ebay seller! There's a lot of info on there that helped me understand how they are attached. Also appreciate you pointing out the differences between the two sets. I was only looking for the two passenger windows (the one with the A at the end of the model number).

I do have a question about those adhesive clips: do you know if those can be removed safely? And are they unsightly if the shades/blinds aren't in place?

Thanks in advance.
The clip is about the size of the nickle and has 3M tape on the back. I don't intend to remove them any time soon, but I guess they can be removed with a floss and some cleaner.

If a blind is removed, of course you will see the clips (3 on each window), but I don't think anyone will notice them since the size is small and the design makes them look well.

By the way, did you just purchase it? The seller had one 2-piece set left a while ago, now it is gone.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, it was me. I took a closer look at the instructions and noticed that there was only one left and decided not to take any chances of losing out on a relatively good price.

Again, I appreciate all the info you've provided especially the link to the ebay sale. Thank you!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, it was me. I took a closer look at the instructions and noticed that there was only one left and decided not to take any chances of losing out on a relatively good price.

Again, I appreciate all the info you've provided especially the link to the ebay sale. Thank you!
You're welcome, I am glad you were able to get one with a good price.

Hope you like those blinds, my wife loves them so much (she is afraid of sunlight).
Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by discogone
You're welcome, I am glad you were able to get one with a good price.

Hope you like those blinds, my wife loves them so much (she is afraid of sunlight).
If you open the windows do the shades vibrate with the wind?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plastics
If you open the windows do the shades vibrate with the wind?
Not at all (IMO). The frame of the shade is made of very strong steel wires, it is very sturdy.