Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Supercharged badge on Graphite Gray: Red or Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Can't decide if I should go with carbon fiber or red.
Always thought red would look good on graphite gray, but I think black gives sort of rugged look and goes well with 20" rims-- but then red stands out against brownish tint of the graphite gray and goes very well with side rear profile of all-red tails.

If anyone with GG Q7 has either badge, can you share some pictures?

PS: Is there a way to get this template somewhere? Ughh sorry about the gnarly fingers of whoever it is that thought would be a good idea to take a picture.

Thanks.
Here's mine with carbon badge. I deliberated the same as you, and with my wheels blacked out, carbon was absolutely the way to go: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...heels-2937130/
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by allsyst3msgo
Here's mine with carbon badge. I deliberated the same as you, and with my wheels blacked out, carbon was absolutely the way to go: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...heels-2937130/
And here is the template link you are looking for: http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...placement2.pdf. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks amazing, and the carbon badge blends perfectly with BOP and those wheels. You have a beautiful looking Q7. I think with our chrome window trims, CF badge might look out of place.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Looks amazing, and the carbon badge blends perfectly with BOP and those wheels. You have a beautiful looking Q7. I think with our chrome window trims, CF badge might look out of place.
Yep -- totally your call, and if not BOP, CF might not fit as well. I was seriously deliberating blacking out the other badges, but with the GG, BOP, and ink black wheels...I realized I wanted the chrome badges to pop. I literally thought to myself, "I want people to see the badges from a distance, and if they are blacked out, you wouldn't!" Ah.......vanity, as it is...lol...
Old 12-12-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

And here is the template link you are looking for: http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...placement2.pdf. Good luck.
Thanks. Judging by your pics I went with the red...will look better on my Q. Will post pics for others once I install
Old 12-13-2017, 04:09 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Thanks. Judging by your pics I went with the red...will look better on my Q. Will post pics for others once I install
I'm still leaning towards the carbon, but I'm very interested to see how the red badges look on your Q7 before I buy either... I'll be waiting patiently for the pics..LOL.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JT4
I'm still leaning towards the carbon, but I'm very interested to see how the red badges look on your Q7 before I buy either... I'll be waiting patiently for the pics..LOL.
I'm hoping to have them by the weekend so I can install them. Will certainly post pics
Old 12-15-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received my red emblems and will try and install over the weekend. Will it be ok if I install it when its very cold (like 30 and below this weekend)?
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Received my red emblems and will try and install over the weekend. Will it be ok if I install it when its very cold (like 30 and below this weekend)?
I wouldn't, I used to have a business that did vehicle graphics, stickers, you shouldn't apply them under 70 degrees for best adhesion. I'd at least use a heat gun but I'd suggest find a heated garage and get it warmed up for a few hours.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:45 PM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

The badges look good.. I wouldn't install them if it's as cold as you mentioned... Wait until you get a break in the weather, IME 45-50 degrees you should be ok. But let the Q7 sit in the sun for a few hours, and obviously keep the badges in the house until you use them.

Quick Reply: Supercharged badge on Graphite Gray: Red or Carbon