Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit - AudiWorld Forums

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit

Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit

Hi All

Im a proud owner of a 2017 Q7.

I have a question regarding map navigation and viewing it on the Virtual Cockpit vs the Main mmi LCD screen. I am able to see route guidance on my Virtual Cockpit screen but I'm struggling to figure out how can I switch the route guidance back to the main mmi screen. As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.

Hope someone can help out here.

Cheers

Sam
samzq7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzq7 View Post
Hi All

Im a proud owner of a 2017 Q7.

I have a question regarding map navigation and viewing it on the Virtual Cockpit vs the Main mmi LCD screen. I am able to see route guidance on my Virtual Cockpit screen but I'm struggling to figure out how can I switch the route guidance back to the main mmi screen. As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.

Hope someone can help out here.

Cheers

Sam
It shows route guidance on both, by default. I even don't know how to get static map there?
Atvars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:10 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzq7 View Post
As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.
Both the VC and main MMI screen show route guidance once navigation is enabled. Neither displays static map during this time.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
sr007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member

Unless you zoomed into a different area of the map accidentally on the MMI, it should be basically the same area on the MMI that you see in the cockpit. At least that's how it works on mine.

On a separate note, I'm still surprised the virtual cockpit doesn't label street names for upcoming turns just like on the main MMI screen. That's a big oversight if you're on a road with a lot of intersections or off-ramps. There is a ton of wasted space on the sides if you zoom into the nav view on the cockpit, so it's not like they don't have the room.
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
Unless you zoomed into a different area of the map accidentally on the MMI, it should be basically the same area on the MMI that you see in the cockpit. At least that's how it works on mine.

On a separate note, I'm still surprised the virtual cockpit doesn't label street names for upcoming turns just like on the main MMI screen. That's a big oversight if you're on a road with a lot of intersections or off-ramps. There is a ton of wasted space on the sides if you zoom into the nav view on the cockpit, so it's not like they don't have the room.
I'm pretty sure my VC does
BigKutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member

Your VC shows street names in the screen? Was that something you changed in the settings or did it come that way? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Your VC shows street names in the screen? Was that something you changed in the settings or did it come that way? Thanks.
I dont recall changing anything. Maybe you are zoomed in too much?
BigKutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member

if you tap the button down and see crosshairs just use the "back" button and it will get off the static map. (just guessing maybe this happened? or a glitch of some sort).
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member

Oh, i think we're talking about different things. I can see street names in the virtual cockpit but there is no listing of upcoming turns with the associated street names. I would like to see upcoming turns in the cockpit.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:

If you turn on route information in the VC settings, you should be getting the details on the upcoming maneuvers on the left side. Can't find a lot of pictures with this feature turned on, but here's one from a TT.

superswiss is online now   Reply With Quote