Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit - AudiWorld Forums


Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Default Switching Route Navigation from Virtual Cockpit

Hi All

Im a proud owner of a 2017 Q7.

I have a question regarding map navigation and viewing it on the Virtual Cockpit vs the Main mmi LCD screen. I am able to see route guidance on my Virtual Cockpit screen but I'm struggling to figure out how can I switch the route guidance back to the main mmi screen. As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.

Hope someone can help out here.

Cheers

Sam
samzq7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Atvars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzq7 View Post
Hi All

Im a proud owner of a 2017 Q7.

I have a question regarding map navigation and viewing it on the Virtual Cockpit vs the Main mmi LCD screen. I am able to see route guidance on my Virtual Cockpit screen but I'm struggling to figure out how can I switch the route guidance back to the main mmi screen. As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.

Hope someone can help out here.

Cheers

Sam
It shows route guidance on both, by default. I even don't know how to get static map there?
Atvars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:10 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Suburbs, MD
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzq7 View Post
As you know once you are using route guidance view in Virtual cockpit, the main MMI screen only shows a static map.
Both the VC and main MMI screen show route guidance once navigation is enabled. Neither displays static map during this time.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
sr007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 403
Default

Unless you zoomed into a different area of the map accidentally on the MMI, it should be basically the same area on the MMI that you see in the cockpit. At least that's how it works on mine.

On a separate note, I'm still surprised the virtual cockpit doesn't label street names for upcoming turns just like on the main MMI screen. That's a big oversight if you're on a road with a lot of intersections or off-ramps. There is a ton of wasted space on the sides if you zoom into the nav view on the cockpit, so it's not like they don't have the room.
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
Unless you zoomed into a different area of the map accidentally on the MMI, it should be basically the same area on the MMI that you see in the cockpit. At least that's how it works on mine.

On a separate note, I'm still surprised the virtual cockpit doesn't label street names for upcoming turns just like on the main MMI screen. That's a big oversight if you're on a road with a lot of intersections or off-ramps. There is a ton of wasted space on the sides if you zoom into the nav view on the cockpit, so it's not like they don't have the room.
I'm pretty sure my VC does
BigKutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 403
Default

Your VC shows street names in the screen? Was that something you changed in the settings or did it come that way? Thanks.
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
Your VC shows street names in the screen? Was that something you changed in the settings or did it come that way? Thanks.
I dont recall changing anything. Maybe you are zoomed in too much?
BigKutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 134
Default

if you tap the button down and see crosshairs just use the "back" button and it will get off the static map. (just guessing maybe this happened? or a glitch of some sort).
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 403
Default

Oh, i think we're talking about different things. I can see street names in the virtual cockpit but there is no listing of upcoming turns with the associated street names. I would like to see upcoming turns in the cockpit.
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
Unless you zoomed into a different area of the map accidentally on the MMI, it should be basically the same area on the MMI that you see in the cockpit. At least that's how it works on mine.

On a separate note, I'm still surprised the virtual cockpit doesn't label street names for upcoming turns just like on the main MMI screen. That's a big oversight if you're on a road with a lot of intersections or off-ramps. There is a ton of wasted space on the sides if you zoom into the nav view on the cockpit, so it's not like they don't have the room.
If you turn on route information in the VC settings, you should be getting the details on the upcoming maneuvers on the left side. Can't find a lot of pictures with this feature turned on, but here's one from a TT.

superswiss is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: