Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Taking delivery - what should dealer enable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking delivery - what should dealer enable?

I'm taking delivery of my Q7 (prestige plus drivers assistance and towing, quartz gray) this Saturday. Ordered week 11 and it went faster than expected.
Very excited!
I read the thread on adaptive cruise control default distance setting.
Any other suggestions?
Old 06-02-2016, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Make sure they set you up as the key user. Test that you are able to lock and unlock your Q7 from your phone (Android or Apple) before you leave.

Have them show you how to do the individual speech training, change the interior lighting colors (30 to choose from), how to use your foot to open and close the tailgate, how to open and close it from your key, how to open and close it from inside the car, and how to set the height.

Have them show you where you can adjust the seat heaters (how much they heat the back rest vs the seat cushion). Also have them show you how to pair multiple bluetooth devices so that you can pair one for phone and one as an audio player at the same time.

They can also show you how to adjust lane assist sensitivity, the side assist brightness, and how early of a warning pre sense will give you.

In case of emergency, you can ask them to show you how to access the manual fuel door release and how to manually put the transmission into neutral (shift lock release).

There's a ton of stuff in the Q7, but what I listed should be a good test of your salespersons knowledge.

The adaptive cruise control always has a default setting of 3 and cannot be changed through the MMI (might be through VAGCOM).
Old 06-02-2016, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are couple of items on my check list, mine will be ready for pickup tomorrow. (I may not take delivery until next Friday)

• Check for glare from HUD
• Key user, test lock/unlock from phone
• Check for noise from Sunroof
• Make sure to turn on the ACC distance screen in MMI
(Dealer:584 Basic Settings: Went into adaptive cruise control and ran basic settings to activate distance regulation settings) https://www.audiworld.com/forums/att...hmentid=55840&

SYMAWD, could you please confirm the ACC settings?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lapi
Here are couple of items on my check list, mine will be ready for pickup tomorrow. (I may not take delivery until next Friday)

• Check for glare from HUD
• Key user, test lock/unlock from phone
• Check for noise from Sunroof
• Make sure to turn on the ACC distance screen in MMI
(Dealer:584 Basic Settings: Went into adaptive cruise control and ran basic settings to activate distance regulation settings) https://www.audiworld.com/forums/att...hmentid=55840&

SYMAWD, could you please confirm the ACC settings?
What exactly do you want confirmed? I'm really only familiar with how things come from the factory.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
What exactly do you want confirmed? I'm really only familiar with how things come from the factory.
There is one thread which talks about you could ask Dealer to enable this settings. Have you done something like that? Dont know if it is even possible, but somebody posted an image and instructions to do it.

I very much appreciate your service to this forum, lot of good information.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There is one thread which talks about you could ask Dealer to enable this settings. Have you done something like that? Dont know if it is even possible, but somebody posted an image and instructions to do it.

I very much appreciate your service to this forum, lot of good information.
I know nothing about it unfortunately (although it is possible to do) and we rarely do that kind of stuff at work.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

That was my thread. Here it is:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...tting-2899288/

Summary: The owner's manual (pg 111) says the dealer will enable the menu in the MMI. Therefore it was Audi's obligation to get it done. After a couple attempts, my dealer was able to enable the menu with the help of their regional tech rep. Any (US) dealer should now be able to contact their regional tech rep and get detailed instructions on how to do this.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to hijack this thread for a bit and ask a followup question about A dealer taking delivery of a vehicle. DO they perform some kind of inspection or maintenance check when they receive a car from the factory before selling it?
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by calvinyhobbes
Im going to hijack this thread for a bit and ask a followup question about A dealer taking delivery of a vehicle. DO they perform some kind of inspection or maintenance check when they receive a car from the factory before selling it?
Yes, it's called PDI and it is required before delivering a car otherwise not all functions will be available.