Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Things you discovered

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
The soft close doors are cool and all but... Not really a big deal. You forget you have them after a while. It's not like on a Rolls Royce where you push a button and the door closes. You still need to A L O M S T close the door for it to kick in. It's actually easier to just shut the door than precisely close the door up to the first click, but not the second fully shut click so you can watch the soft close feature actually do what it is supposed to do. Still a cool thing but probably not worth paying for.
As mentioned before, my soft close mechanism hardly ever engages because the doors already close completely right away. I remember some previous complaints how hard it was to close the doors but I never experienced that. It's actually harder NOT to close them and trigger the soft-close. I'm wondering if this fact is also part of the feature itself.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
I would guess the book-symbol is easier to identify as 'look in the manual' than a key-fob symbol where many owners wouldn't know what the purpose/function is and would have to check the manual anyway.

Just an idea though..
Maybe but it’s a confusing symbol, why have one at all? It’s the first car I’ve seen with a symbol by the fob notch at all.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
It’s just a simple holder for your FOB, does nothing else.
For those who haven't seen it, somebody designed a nice 3D printed cellphone holder that is engineered to slide right into that slot. It's shown in a thread about phone holders somewhere in this forum section.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=RickObe;25089065]For those who haven't seen it, somebody designed a nice 3D printed cellphone holder that is engineered to slide right into that slot. It's shown in a thread about phone holders somewhere in this forum section.[/QUO

I looked. Could not find it yet. Any chance you could post a picture? Or a link?
Old 12-30-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Paul Collurafici;25089105]
Originally Posted by RickObe
For those who haven't seen it, somebody designed a nice 3D printed cellphone holder that is engineered to slide right into that slot. It's shown in a thread about phone holders somewhere in this forum section.[/QUO

I looked. Could not find it yet. Any chance you could post a picture? Or a link?
I found it here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ution-2900683/