Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Things you discovered

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our new 2018 is our 4th Q7. While it's certainly the buyer's responsibility, I have to say I was surprised at how much interior storage has been eliminated. Coming from a 2015, I knew the sloping hatch reduced cargo volume, but I was surprised to see the under-seat drawer gone, the net in the passenger footwell, and especially the storage area in under the rear deck. I figure with no jack and no spare tire, there'd still be something in there. What is filling up all that space now? Maybe we just haven't found it yet? (I know - now - about the door tunnels). Thanks.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dylanQ
Our new 2018 is our 4th Q7. While it's certainly the buyer's responsibility, I have to say I was surprised at how much interior storage has been eliminated. Coming from a 2015, I knew the sloping hatch reduced cargo volume, but I was surprised to see the under-seat drawer gone, the net in the passenger footwell, and especially the storage area in under the rear deck. I figure with no jack and no spare tire, there'd still be something in there. What is filling up all that space now? Maybe we just haven't found it yet? (I know - now - about the door tunnels). Thanks.
I got a jack and it doesn't even fit the space under the floor in cargo area, I have to haul it in a bag, that's annoying. There is some space that you can get removing the foam in there, but when I opened mine to remove, I noticed I have a flat-fix kit and air pump in there.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I got a jack and it doesn't even fit the space under the floor in cargo area, I have to haul it in a bag, that's annoying. There is some space that you can get removing the foam in there, but when I opened mine to remove, I noticed I have a flat-fix kit and air pump in there.
If you remove the large foam block then the fix-a-flat can, air pump and tool kit fit nicely under the third row seats resulting in quite a bit more room to stash other stuff under the rear floor. Actually more room than in the tray in the older model (although not nearly as neat in appearance).
Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
If you remove the large foam block then the fix-a-flat can, air pump and tool kit fit nicely under the third row seats resulting in quite a bit more room to stash other stuff under the rear floor. Actually more room than in the tray in the older model (although not nearly as neat in appearance).
There's room under the 3rd row seats?!?!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
There's room under the 3rd row seats?!?!
Surprisingly, yes.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

But they will move around and rattle in there, right? How do you secure them?
Old 12-19-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have not had a problem with anything sliding around or rattling. I have a bunch of other stuff packed in under the floor as well. Easy enough to give it a try. Just don't throw out the foam block.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:43 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have not had a problem with anything sliding around or rattling. I have a bunch of other stuff packed in under the floor as well. Easy enough to give it a try. Just don't throw out the foam block.
Since we rarely use the third row I've been keeping the jack in the footwell.. I have also been reluctant to remove the foam for fear of everything moving around but maybe I'll give it a try..
Old 12-20-2017, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Jack has been in my duffel bag since day one, but I hate how it makes it so heavy. I'll definitely check the foam situation, and I never thought about leaving things in 3rd row footwell, it's a great idea for things like umbrellas, etc, right? Small things, especially the pesky roof bar storage bag, etc that I am sure Audi will ask us to return at the end of lease.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:45 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Jack has been in my duffel bag since day one, but I hate how it makes it so heavy. I'll definitely check the foam situation, and I never thought about leaving things in 3rd row footwell, it's a great idea for things like umbrellas, etc, right? Small things, especially the pesky roof bar storage bag, etc that I am sure Audi will ask us to return at the end of lease.
Yeah give it a try, for those of us that rarely use the third row the footwell comes in handy...

Quick Reply: Things you discovered