Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

For those fans of Weathertech floor mats

Old 04-30-2016, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
They're from a company in Northern California thru eBay. Exact same specs as the 20 inch that currently come standard on the new Q7 (20x9, ET33, 5x112).
Audi changed the new Q7 to a 5x112 bolt pattern from 5x130 which makes a lot more Audi OEM & replicas capable of being used.
When I ordered the tires, we pulled one wheel and test fit the new one - no problems, lots of caliper clearance, etc. Figured they would since they are same as stock but just wanted to make sure. The tire dealer commented that they appear to be very good quality.
First time I've ever gone as far as having dedicated winter & summer tires, but I really liked the 21 inch option and I couldn't see driving on the summer tires for a few months & then discarding them for 21 inch all seasons. The Blizzaks are dedicated winter, so less of a compromise.
Can you provide specific seller information on the wheels from EBay... Thanks...
Old 04-30-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by adamvincent617
Can you provide specific seller information on the wheels from EBay... Thanks...
These are the wheels (although mine have a 33 offset & these say they're 35) & I'm 99% sure this is the seller (I don't do E-Bay, so my son ordered them on his account). This is the price I paid & I know they were in Walnut, CA but the shipment came from New Jersey. Very quick shipping to Chicago area.

20" Wheels for Audi A8 A6 A5 A7 Q5 Tiguan Set of Four 20x9 0 inch 35 Rims Set | eBay

Last edited by Cadx6; 04-30-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
These are the wheels (although mine have a 33 offset & these say they're 35) & I'm 99% sure this is the seller (I don't do E-Bay, so my son ordered them on his account). This is the price I paid & I know they were in Walnut, CA but the shipment came from New Jersey. Very quick shipping to Chicago area.

20" Wheels for Audi A8 A6 A5 A7 Q5 Tiguan Set of Four 20x9 0 inch 35 Rims Set | eBay
Thanks... Much appreciated...
Old 05-08-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, the Weathertech first and second row floor mats are in stock on their website now. 2017 Audi Q7 WeatherTech Automotive Accessories | WeatherTech.com
Old 05-08-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have to say I am not sure I like them. The huge weather tech logo and the look of rigid plastic vs the soft rubber of the OEM mats. I would love to see actual pictures and feedback from someone who buys them.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jallen0
I have to say I am not sure I like them. The huge weather tech logo and the look of rigid plastic vs the soft rubber of the OEM mats. I would love to see actual pictures and feedback from someone who buys them.
I've had them on the last 6 cars I have purchased. They are bullet-proof. I think you could probably peel off the WT logo with no problem. While the plastic is rigid, it's FAR more durable than the OEM mats - they may be pliable, but will also wear quickly over time. You can take the WT mats out of the car, wash them down with a brush/soap, let dry and pop them in - they stay molded to the shape they are intended to keep.

I was "given" OEM mats on my car deal - of course that's relevant since I really DID pay for the things. I've been waiting for these to be made so I can dump the OEM's...they were intended as temp's only while waiting on the real thing.

I wish I had stock in WT - they put out quality products, made in America. Great customer service and quick shipping. May be a bit more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. Btw, their cargo mat far surpasses the OEM mat.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Like zekeman said, the weathertech floorliners are bulletproof and despite being a firmer plastic material, are grippy enough to not be an issue with foot slippage. The soft rubber on the oem all-weather mats wear out fairly easily. I'm on my 2nd set of oem rubber mats on our SQ5 (only because I got them for free) because the heel from my right foot would eventually wear out a spot, so I would never buy again with my own money. I have weathertechs on all other cars past and current and they hold up much better from wear and tear. Also, the weathertechs don't have that nasty rubber-chemically stink like the oem rubber mats do when they're new.

The weathertech sticker easily peels off and you can put your own custom decal on there. Someone from the other Audi forum got very creative and used a "supercharged" fender badge to replace the weathertech decal, and the same badge-engineering would make sense on the Q7 as well.. or perhaps a quattro badge

Name:  4-WeatherTechSuperchargedJPG_zps9a7f0c45.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  74.8 KB
Old 05-14-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Just got the front floor liners (2nd row comes on Tuesday). I'm happy with them, but perhaps not a thrilled as I thought I'd be. The fit is pretty good, but they don't lay flat at all the edges. In particular, the part that lays over the door sill. There's a small gap under its edge due to the stiffness of the material.

I'm hoping that after it sits out in the sun on a hot day, everything will relax and these areas will lay flat. I like that they protect up the side walls a bit, but I kind of wish they had just stopped at the carpet edge in the door sill area.

Contrary to another post, they do have a noticeable odor. We'll see how long that takes to dissipate.

Overall, they should be an improvement over the OEM rubber mats that I had in my 2012 Q7 as I think they will last longer and be more protective.

Photos are attached. Since taking the photos, I have already peeled off the WeatherTech decals, which came off very easily and left no visible residue.
Attached Thumbnails For those fans of Weathertech floor mats-driver-side.jpg   For those fans of Weathertech floor mats-pax-side.jpg  
Old 05-14-2016, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good! It should settle... all the other weathertech floorliners I've had in other cars have. Great design, IMO. It's so melted ice from your shoes in winter or fluid from the latte machiatto you just dropped will drain out of the car and not into the carpet.

I look forward to the 2nd row pics...
Old 05-14-2016, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Just got the front floor liners (2nd row comes on Tuesday). I'm happy with them, but perhaps not a thrilled as I thought I'd be. The fit is pretty good, but they don't lay flat at all the edges. In particular, the part that lays over the door sill. There's a small gap under its edge due to the stiffness of the material.

I'm hoping that after it sits out in the sun on a hot day, everything will relax and these areas will lay flat. I like that they protect up the side walls a bit, but I kind of wish they had just stopped at the carpet edge in the door sill area.

Contrary to another post, they do have a noticeable odor. We'll see how long that takes to dissipate.

Overall, they should be an improvement over the OEM rubber mats that I had in my 2012 Q7 as I think they will last longer and be more protective.

Photos are attached. Since taking the photos, I have already peeled off the WeatherTech decals, which came off very easily and left no visible residue.
Got my WT liners for the front only today; they fit as I expected - like a glove. I've purchased their digital fit liners for my last 6 cars, excellent in all respects.
The do relax after being heated in the sun - my cargo mat had a curl to it after I got it out of the box about a month ago but now it's perfect. The odor goes away after several days and it completely unnoticeable. As far as improvement over the OEM's and lasting longer? Night and day difference - several years from now the only thing you will likely see are scratches from debris you track in on your shoes. Sure wish I could buy stock in the company, they have improved consistently each year and continue to expand their product line.

I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For those fans of Weathertech floor mats