AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Thoughts on ext warranty, Audi care, tire/wheel package and brakes package.. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/thoughts-ext-warranty-audi-care-tire-wheel-package-brakes-package-2906320/)

Signal_q7 09-07-2016 08:55 AM

Thoughts on ext warranty, Audi care, tire/wheel package and brakes package..

Our Q7 should be delivered within the next week or so and just want some opinions and experiences you guys are having once you get to financing at the dealer.

I plan on getting getting the Audi Care, possibly the 7 year/100k extended warranty and have heard different opinions. Some say wait till 9,999 then purchase the extended because under 10k miles its considered still new, it'll cover till 100,999 miles and doesn't cost more? Some say the 7 year is technically on 3 years since Audi covers the first 4 and I should wait till the 4 years/50k is up then purchase the extended? Thoughts?

Also what's everyone's thoughts on the tire/wheel package? What about the brakes package? What exactly do they cover? Worth the investment?

Thanks in advance,
James

Meyecul 09-07-2016 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Signal_q7 (Post 24855130)
Our Q7 should be delivered within the next week or so and just want some opinions and experiences you guys are having once you get to financing at the dealer.

I plan on getting getting the Audi Care, possibly the 7 year/100k extended warranty and have heard different opinions. Some say wait till 9,999 then purchase the extended because under 10k miles its considered still new, it'll cover till 100,999 miles and doesn't cost more? Some say the 7 year is technically on 3 years since Audi covers the first 4 and I should wait till the 4 years/50k is up then purchase the extended? Thoughts?

Also what's everyone's thoughts on the tire/wheel package? What about the brakes package? What exactly do they cover? Worth the investment?

Thanks in advance,
James

Congrats on your incoming Q7!

Audi care definitely worth it if you plan on keeping the vehicle thru the period and have your sched services done at an Audi Dealer.

Extended Warranty: They really should call this a replacement warranty as the term "extended" seems to throw a lot of people off. When you buy an extended warranty (the Fidelity one) at the time of buying your vehicle, you essentially then have two warranties running concurrently. Of course if any issues arise within the first 4yr/50k and you will be using the mfg warranty that comes with the car. AFTER the mfg warranty expires, is when the extended warranty coverage would be used to cover a repair. What "is" and "is not" covered would be based on which level warranty you buy. If you buy a 7/100 extended warranty, this is from the "in service" date. So it expires when the vehicle has been in service for 7 years or 100k miles (it does not extend the 100k to 100,999 if you buy with 9999 miles).

As far as cost, yes with Fidelity anything under 10k miles on your Q7 and the cost will be the same. Some will argue that you will not pay more if you buy it just before the 4/50k mfg warranty expires. My guess is they have never actually tried doing this (again we are talking the Audi endorsed Fidelity warranty). Simply ask for a quote now for a 2017 Q7 with 49k miles and you will find the quote will be higher then whats being reported when buying below 10k miles.

My theory is if you buy an extended warranty its for peace of mind. If you never use it, you got every pennies worth. Congrats again on your Q!!

Hopefully some other fellow members will chime in on tire/wheel/ brake coverage etc. as I do not have experience with those.

1st Time Audi 09-08-2016 12:16 PM

I have the Fidelity warranty for piece of mind. I bought my car CPO and still bought the warranty to get me a little more miles (off the in service date, not purchase date). Depending on the cost, some of the warranty pays for itself. After my warranty expired, there's been enough to say I know I got my money's worth out of the warranty. Also, the Platinum coverage covers an alignment and brakes, which is about $2k.

I've not used the tire and wheel damage coverage. Wheel damage is only covered if the tired is replaced, so that's something to consider. They should really call it Tire w/Wheel damage. For me though, the cost is relatively low if you ever need to replace one...I think it would run well over $500