Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Thule Roof Racks

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thule Roof Racks

Per Thule, the 2017 is not yet fitted for any of their racks but because this model has been on the road in Europe for a while as a 2016, has anyone in Europe bought Thule Aeroblades or other for this new model?
Old 01-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I, too, am interested in this topic. Back in 2008 or so, someone posted a link to shop in England that sold some low-profile Thule bars for the Q7. I continued to use those bars as the underlying Q7 changed to newer models. I am now considering getting a Mk II and am wondering if there is any chance the old bars will work on a 2017 Q7. I would like to continue to use the Thule basket and carrier on the 2017. Any info people have on this topic would interest me too.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello not in Europe but in Australia I have the new Q7 and Thule Aeroblades. They work well and apart from being nothing like the previous version in fitting they are low profile and as quality as the old ones. I did have the old Q7 and Thule but no way to use the fitting and foot kit. It is completely different. The bars would have worked but I found selling the lot to a guy with an old Q7 was a easier sell. Your old kit for the Thule will still work as my Roof box fits just the same. I can hear the bars fitted much more than the old car but this is a function of a church like quietness in my new car!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Phot
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2016, 02:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PNVS
Hello not in Europe but in Australia I have the new Q7 and Thule Aeroblades. They work well and apart from being nothing like the previous version in fitting they are low profile and as quality as the old ones. I did have the old Q7 and Thule but no way to use the fitting and foot kit. It is completely different. The bars would have worked but I found selling the lot to a guy with an old Q7 was a easier sell. Your old kit for the Thule will still work as my Roof box fits just the same. I can hear the bars fitted much more than the old car but this is a function of a church like quietness in my new car!
thanks for posting but what model Aeroblades do you have? Can you take a close up photo of one of the bars connected to the rail? Thank you!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I ve not fitted them yet as I don't have my car yet. But in preparation I have bought 753 foot pack and 3145 fitting kit to go along with my areo bars. This is the set up listed on the Thule website. When, and don't hold your breath, I get it fitted I will post some images.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Does the mk2 Q7 not come with any roof rack cross bars from the factory?

(which would be strange considering all Q5/SQ5 seem to include them with the car upon delivery)
Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope not or I ve wasted my money. Gulp don't tell my wife.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It does not come with them at least in the US. I look forward to your post with pics!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zurichch
It does not come with them at least in the US. I look forward to your post with pics!
wow, that's quite a bizarre way to cost-cut for Audi, and quite inconsistent with the fact that they supply it on the "lesser" and lower cost Q5 model in the US. I've had a '10 Q5 and '14 SQ5... and both came with a set of accessory cross bars with 2 keys packaged in a box left in the trunk. As far as I know, all US-spec Q5 include them. Strange that Audi makes this an additional-cost accessory on the more premium and more expensive Q7 model. Or perhaps they just assume that the typical Q5 buyers are both younger and more active than the Q7 buyers, so would likely actually use the crossbars for their more active/outdoorsy lifestyles.

Quick Reply: Thule Roof Racks